Mediabook

Our forum gallery for displaying your finished renders.
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Mediabook

Post by FarbigeWelt »

Lenses, GPU Path, Metropolis, t24, d12, g12, s24 10'000S, 6h26m, 4320x4320
Lenses, GPU Path, Metropolis, t24, d12, g12, s24 10'000S, 6h26m, 4320x4320
Light and Word designing Creator - www.farbigewelt.ch - aka quantenkristall || #luxcorerender
MacBook Air with M1
Mango3

Re: Mediabook

Post by Mango3 »

Interesting scene composition. I like the scene with lens array.
Some observations. There seems still to be a lot of chromatic noise in the shadow regions.
The bidirectional path tracer may be better suited for this type of scene with caustics.
Also the sharp ring-shaped shadows look strange. One would expect more even intensity transitions from convex shaped lenses lit by a large area light.
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Post by FarbigeWelt »

Mango3 wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:36 pm Interesting scene composition. I like the scene with lens array.
Some observations. There seems still to be a lot of chromatic noise in the shadow regions.
The bidirectional path tracer may be better suited for this type of scene with caustics.
Also the sharp ring-shaped shadows look strange. One would expect more even intensity transitions from convex shaped lenses lit by a large area light.
Thank you much for your feedback, Mango3.

The composition is one of my reasons to choose it for the Mediabook in Finised Work. Another reason is, the picture shows what is at least possible with LuxCoreRenders' openCL/GPU path render in regard to caustics. ("Concentration of light, especially sunlight, can burn. The word caustic, in fact, comes from the Greek καυστός, burnt, via the Latin causticus, burning", wikipedia, 28.10.2018).

Indeed, there is a lot of chromatic noise in the picture, but there also is in pictures rendered with BiDir, see viewtopic.php?f=2&t=576&start=30#p6987 and similar posts.

I am not sure, if I understand what you expect from an area light covering the area of lens array. These lenses (convex) focus light, there must be shadow somewhere because of 'collected' light. The surface in the the picture is plane, diffuse (matte) but even, a simple artifical surface with no hight. It does not behave like paper, or something we know based on real world experiences.
Light and Word designing Creator - www.farbigewelt.ch - aka quantenkristall || #luxcorerender
MacBook Air with M1
Mango3

Post by Mango3 »

Hi FarbigeWelt,

I made myself quickly a similar test scene and the sharp intensity transitions of the shadow borders are indeed correct.
It was just my first (wrong) intuition that the shadows look overly sharp.

Now I saw that in your Different Works in Progress thread you posted comparison pictures with bidir-cpu and path-pgu.
Always interesting to see comparison render of the different light transport methods. Nice work.

For difficult caustics Stochastic Progressive Photon Mapping is a good algorithm (old Lux Classic had it).
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Living Colors Room

Post by FarbigeWelt »

System is a key, fortune a muse.

LuxCoreRender 2.1 beta 1
2xHD, GPU Path, Sobol, clamped, manual Reinhard
2100 Samples, 100.0% convergence, denoised, jpged 16 bit png

5. November 2018
Living Colors Room
Living Colors Room
The story, told behind the scene, starts here viewtopic.php?f=2&t=576&start=50#p7145.
MacBook Air with M1
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Re: Living Colors Room

Post by lacilaci »

FarbigeWelt wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:13 pm System is a key, fortune a muse.

LuxCoreRender 2.1 beta 1
2xHD, GPU Path, Sobol, clamped, manual Reinhard
2100 Samples, 100.0% convergence, denoised, jpged 16 bit png

5. November 2018
Living Colors Room.jpg

The story, told behind the scene, starts here viewtopic.php?f=2&t=576&start=50#p7145.
If you don't mind, how does the image look before denoising? 2100 samples is quite a lot
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Re: Living Colors Room

Post by FarbigeWelt »

lacilaci wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:04 pm
If you don't mind, how does the image look before denoising? 2100 samples is quite a lot
I have to check if I saved the raw too. There was some noise left here and there, but much less than with all lights enabled, especially the blue laser leads intentional to lot of ‚noise‘ because of the rough metal surface of the sphere to the left.
MacBook Air with M1
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

City of Lights

Post by FarbigeWelt »

After hours of setting up the objects, I finally got a few new renders for my Mediabook.
51m41s, openCL, PGIC 1500 samples
Architecture big city night
Architecture big city night
12h05m (6/8 cores), BiDir, Metropolis 1500 samples
Architecture big city night'
Architecture big city night'
1h18m, openCL, PGIC 1500 samples
Geometric Architecture at Dawn
Geometric Architecture at Dawn
23m36s, openCL, PGIC 1500 samples
Geometric Architecture by Night
Geometric Architecture by Night
Attachments
Battery of Lights
Battery of Lights
MacBook Air with M1
epilectrolytics
Donor
Donor

Re: City of Lights

Post by epilectrolytics »

FarbigeWelt wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 5:29 pm After hours of setting up the objects, I finally got a few new renders for my Mediabook.
Those are cool renders!
Looks like AI cities after humanity gone extinct 8-)

You could do animations by blending/fading between different lightings as with the first two renders.
Make single buildings appear and disappear and so on.
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Re: City of Lights

Post by FarbigeWelt »

epilectrolytics wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:44 pm Those are cool renders!

Looks like AI cities after humanity gone extinct 8-)
Thank you much!

Was not my intend to give this impression. However the material to create this building is not yet invented it is quasi transparent like opacified glass.
MacBook Air with M1