Network rendering support

Discussion related to the LuxCore functionality, implementations and API.
Dade
Developer
Developer

Re: Network rendering support

Post by Dade »

Sharlybg wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:47 pm
You can use a standard Ubuntu 14.04LTS or 16, install standalone LuxCore and use the command line tools.
i'm already connected to a Window server ( fear a bit about linux , not a great expert of it ). i had follow the instructions on the Website and manage to connect to the remote instance ( the free one t2 micro ). they suggest me to create a second administrator account for backup if error occur , wich i finally get done.

The remote windows desktop is open. now i need to install blender 2.79b and luxcore alpha 4 normally ?
Well, yes .. if OpenGL work trough with remote windows desktop (and is vaguely usable, i.e. not too slow).
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Post by Sharlybg »

Well, yes .. if OpenGL work trough with remote windows desktop (and is vaguely usable, i.e. not too slow).
I'm stopped there. really don't know how to install / transfert / open any kind of files from my computer to the Ec2 instance so can install blender and luxcore. And also transfert my test project to try this T2 micro instance.

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Post by Sharlybg »

I'm stopped there. really don't know how to install / transfert / open any kind of files from my computer to the Ec2 instance so can install blender and luxcore. And also transfert my test project to try this T2 micro instance.
seem that i've found how to do it. i've to modified the downloaded file from AWS so i can allow data sharing from local machine to remote one ;)
leave the firm Going to home to continue.

Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Post by Sharlybg »

As you tell before the server is unable to run opengl application :
EC2 t2 micro.jpg

So here is my concern :

1/ we can only use server with good opengl 2.1 or more recent to render ?

2/ Do i really need to copy all the software and project data on the VM before i can use it ?

3/ Is there any way to know if a server have good opengl capability ?

4/ the last point of the error prompt say that "" using blender through a VM can cause this error"" how to render if you can't launch blender on a server even if with the right opengl capability ?

Edit :

Just check instances prices and windows instances prices are always 2 or 3 times the prices of Linux spot.

B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

I think the intended workflow is to run everything via batch scripts (e.g. Blender headless via command line, in this case it doesn't need OpenGL).
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

Sharlybg wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:44 pm Just check instances prices and windows instances prices are always 2 or 3 times the prices of Linux spot.
That is one of the many reasons why, in AWS context, you have to use Linux + command line tools.
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Post by Sharlybg »

That is one of the many reasons why, in AWS context, you have to use Linux + command line tools.
Ok so we go try linux. Normally it should go smoothly if i find the correct set of instruction to do steps by steps.