Full tutorial...exist ?

General project and community related discussions and offtopic threads.
Ezearebalo

Full tutorial...exist ?

Post by Ezearebalo »

Hi everyone im new with luxcore, i used to work with cycles but im sick of the noise. I never could get a sharp image ,some like Pixar or Dreamworks , i see some clean renders with luxcore and i made some nice renders, but i don't full understand all the features of the render engine. I see very poor information in the wiki and only four nice tutorials. There is a full tutorial ? Something with a indoor and a outdoor scene and a full explanation of the materials ? And a nice tutorial for the network render will be great. And a tutorial to imstall the add on in a linux server via command line.

And one thing else:

It would better an amd apu cpu or and intel i5 . It would be better a nvidia graphic card or a amd ?
I know that nvidia are better for cycles becouse the cuda cores. ?Amd work better whit open cl ?

If i get an apu a10 plus a physical r7 they will work together in a render ?

Thank you
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Re: Full tutorial...exist ?

Post by Sharlybg »

Tutorial are coming soon be patient ;)
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA
Ezearebalo

Post by Ezearebalo »

;) great a have a server with 3 1080 ti and a xeon 20 cores waiting

And the other questions ? Any idea ? :!:
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

Ezearebalo wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:39 am And one thing else:

It would better an amd apu cpu or and intel i5 . It would be better a nvidia graphic card or a amd ?
Laptop-level GPUs are often not powerful enough to run complex OpenCL code used by LuxCore. For instance, most Intel GPUs usually have a lot of problems. I would consider only discrete GPUs for rendering tasks.
Ezearebalo wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:39 am I know that nvidia are better for cycles becouse the cuda cores. ?Amd work better whit open cl ?
AMD usually offers better price/performance ratio for OpenCL tasks but NVIDIA has the crown of top performance if you are ready to pay the price. Check http://luxmark.info/average_result/Hotel for some idea about the kind of rendering performance you can get out of GPUs.
Ezearebalo wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:39 am If i get an apu a10 plus a physical r7 they will work together in a render ?
Any number of CPU cores and GPUs can be used by LuxCore however I don't know if the A10 GPU is good enough to run the renderings (see above).
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
Ezearebalo

Post by Ezearebalo »

Thanks for the quick answer... i feel in home :D