BlendLuxCore Development

Discussion related to the LuxCore functionality, implementations and API.
Dade
Developer
Developer

Re: BlendLuxCore Development

Post by Dade »

B.Y.O.B. wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:50 pm I would love to, but as far as I know Blender does not let us do this.
However, maybe we can later find a workaround, e.g. have a panel similar to the error log.
I would also like to have one of these info blocks for each rendered image slot, for better comparisons.
As always: if you don't want me to forget about it, make a github issue.

by the way, related, sadly was not implemented yet: https://developer.blender.org/T49101
Old LuxRender had the features to "write over the rendered image" several information. We could had the same features has image pipeline plugin. Once done inside LuxCore, it is totally transparent for Blender :idea:
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

nice idea.
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

Dade wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:48 pm Old LuxRender had the features to "write over the rendered image" several information. We could had the same features has image pipeline plugin. Once done inside LuxCore, it is totally transparent for Blender :idea:
https://github.com/LuxCoreRender/LuxCore/issues/45
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

BTW, I would like to release alpha2 soon, any particular check point to reach with BlendLuxCore ?
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

It would be nice to have the motion blur bug resolved, so people can test it, but it's not absolutely necessary.

How is the work on the render farm going? I've seen you can already render with it?
acasta69
Developer
Developer

Post by acasta69 »

Dade wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:48 pm Old LuxRender had the features to "write over the rendered image" several information. We could had the same features has image pipeline plugin. Once done inside LuxCore, it is totally transparent for Blender :idea:
But then hitting F3 would save the image together with statistics?
I wonder if that would do more benefit or harm :?:

Windows 10 64 bits, i7-4770 3.4 GHz, RAM 16 GB, GTX 970 4GB v445.87
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

Well it would behave the same way like the Blender stamp, which is also "baked into the image".
You can switch it off, of course.
Attachments
untitled.png
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

B.Y.O.B. wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:13 pm It would be nice to have the motion blur bug resolved, so people can test it, but it's not absolutely necessary.
Ok, I have to write the OpenCL code for the new glass stuff, fix BiDir with 1000 light sources than motion blur.
B.Y.O.B. wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:13 pm How is the work on the render farm going? I've seen you can already render with it?
It is in progress but I was thinking to not include yet the pylux* (pyluxconsole, pyluxmerge, etc.) tools because we have first to look into http://www.pyinstaller.org/ for packing the python code in a normal/standalone executable.

BTW, @Acasta69if you want to look into the Windows version of PyInstaller, I can check the Linux side :idea:

In general, I'm thinking, now on, to develop all tools in Python including the GUI versions (even if I'm not yet sure on what to use for the GUI: Qt, Wx or TK python toolkits, it is unclear to me what is best to use).
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

I'm working on a new preset dropdown menu for the material editor.
With this you won't have to go through the annoying steps "add material, delete matte node, add the node I actually want, connect new node to output" anymore.
In the future we can also add more advanced node setups here, e.g. the smoke preset adds a null material and an heterogeneous interior volume, smoke data node and connects everything for you.
Attachments
scrn_2018-01-22_13-56-46.png
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Post by Sharlybg »

I'm working on a new preset dropdown menu for the material editor.
With this you won't have to go through the annoying steps "add material, delete matte node, add the node I actually want, connect new node to output" anymore.
In the future we can also add more advanced node setups here, e.g. the smoke preset adds a null material and an heterogeneous interior volume, smoke data node and connects everything for you.
Oooh my ******. like we are already in year 2030. great time saver it is these simple trick that make difference.Luxcore gonna be a serious Beast :geek:

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA