BlendLuxCore Development

Discussion related to the LuxCore functionality, implementations and API.
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Re: BlendLuxCore Development

Post by lacilaci »

B.Y.O.B. wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:18 am Proxies are not finished yet.
https://github.com/LuxCoreRender/BlendL ... issues/110
Reading that github, you want to use decimation for object display in blender? Wouldn't it be better/easier to import into blender a given number of triangles as a proxy display?

For example on a 8 milion poly mesh I would set I want to see in viewport only 1000 and random 1000 triangles or polygons would be imported for display.

And/or specify another object as a proxy display on export that would get stored with the proxy and displayed instead of hi-res mesh on load.

Best way of displaying proxy is however point cloud imho. but I don't think that's doable in blender viewport(or is it?)
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

The decimate modifier solution was more for testing.
For the final version I also had something like the VRayProxy in mind, where a percentage of triangles is picked randomly.
lacilaci wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:14 am Best way of displaying proxy is however point cloud imho. but I don't think that's doable in blender viewport(or is it?)
How should a point cloud look like, do you have an example from another program?
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Post by lacilaci »

B.Y.O.B. wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:19 am The decimate modifier solution was more for testing.
For the final version I also had something like the VRayProxy in mind, where a percentage of triangles is picked randomly.
lacilaci wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:14 am Best way of displaying proxy is however point cloud imho. but I don't think that's doable in blender viewport(or is it?)
How should a point cloud look like, do you have an example from another program?
I guess, colored dots that scale with distance always facing camera with customizable density? I don't know if something like that could be set-up in blender viewport without performance hit though. Maybe random vertex display could be ok..?
Attachments
points-cloud.jpg
rc_pointcloud1.png
rc_pointcloud1.png (42.89 KiB) Viewed 5884 times
4.jpg
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

lacilaci wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:26 am I guess, colored dots that scale with distance always facing camera with customizable density? I don't know if something like that could be set-up in blender viewport without performance hit though.
Yeah, I don't think that's possible with reasonable performance within the current Blender OpenGL API. Maybe in 2.8 with modern OpenGL.

New features:
The constant color node now has RGB/HSV input fields, as requested by Dez!:
2018-09-24_13-30-44.png

When a new link is about to replace an old link, reconnect the old link to another suitable socket on the same node, if possible.
https://youtu.be/D3Vfl2UcpNo
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Post by Sharlybg »

When a new link is about to replace an old link, reconnect the old link to another suitable socket on the same node, if possible.
Thanks a lot for this one "love it" ;)
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Post by lacilaci »

B.Y.O.B. wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:04 pm
lacilaci wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:26 am I guess, colored dots that scale with distance always facing camera with customizable density? I don't know if something like that could be set-up in blender viewport without performance hit though.
Yeah, I don't think that's possible with reasonable performance within the current Blender OpenGL API. Maybe in 2.8 with modern OpenGL.

New features:
The constant color node now has RGB/HSV input fields, as requested by Dez!:
2018-09-24_13-30-44.png

https://youtu.be/D3Vfl2UcpNo
Well random vertices is good enough. As long as they are distributed evenly around the whole volume, not based on mesh density. Which was a problem in first versions of vray proxy display in max afaik. Where, for example, since trees have more polys where leaves are, vertex/cloud display picked those vertices at first so you had to request very big amount of display vertices to see where trunk is placed.
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

Dupli groups are now exported as true instances in BlendLuxCore (saving a lot of memory).
I also fixed some other issues in particle export when instancing lights through a particle system.
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Post by Sharlybg »

B.Y.O.B. wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:45 pm Dupli groups are now exported as true instances in BlendLuxCore (saving a lot of memory).
I also fixed some other issues in particle export when instancing lights through a particle system.
Another solid news ;) thanks !

Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Post by Sharlybg »

Hi BYOB could you please expose setting to set initial viewport render resolution also. The current pixel size setting is for the whole render preview. I mean a setting simillar to pixel size but for first sampling only.
pz.png
pz.png (13.66 KiB) Viewed 5615 times

FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Post by FarbigeWelt »

Sharlybg wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:28 pm
B.Y.O.B. wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:45 pm Dupli groups are now exported as true instances in BlendLuxCore (saving a lot of memory).
Another solid news ;) thanks !
This works well and reliable in the most cases. But sonetimes if object preview is set to bounds, bounds are rendered instead of the reference or a mixture of bounds and references is rendered. I will look closer at this issue to find a simple example (what I tried but was not successful yet).
Light and Word designing Creator - www.farbigewelt.ch - aka quantenkristall || #luxcorerender
MacBook Air with M1