cannot activate lux render

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
Anthony O

cannot activate lux render

Post by Anthony O »

Hi there. i met BYOB at the last blender meetup in Munich and wanted to try out Luxrender for myself.
Unfortunately after installing the Blenderaddon i cannot activate the addon inside of blender.

This is the error message i get when clicking on the activation box:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\python\lib\site-packages\requests\packages\__init__.py", line 27, in <module>
from . import urllib3
File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\python\lib\site-packages\requests\packages\urllib3\__init__.py", line 8, in <module>
from .connectionpool import (
File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\python\lib\site-packages\requests\packages\urllib3\connectionpool.py", line 7, in <module>
from socket import error as SocketError, timeout as SocketTimeout
File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\python\lib\socket.py", line 49, in <module>
import _socket
ImportError: DLL load failed: %1 ist keine zulässige Win32-Anwendung.

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\scripts\modules\addon_utils.py", line 331, in enable
mod = __import__(module_name)
File "C:\Users\Antony\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\scripts\addons\BlendLuxCore\__init__.py", line 16, in <module>
from . import engine, handlers, nodes, operators, properties, ui
File "C:\Users\Antony\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\scripts\addons\BlendLuxCore\operators\__init__.py", line 7, in <module>
from . import (
File "C:\Users\Antony\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\scripts\addons\BlendLuxCore\operators\update.py", line 1, in <module>
import requests
File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\python\lib\site-packages\requests\__init__.py", line 61, in <module>
from .packages.urllib3.exceptions import DependencyWarning
File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\python\lib\site-packages\requests\packages\__init__.py", line 29, in <module>
import urllib3
ImportError: No module named 'urllib3'

would be great if someone could elaborate what might be the problem! mybe BYOB himself? ^^
Dade
Developer
Developer

Re: cannot activate lux render

Post by Dade »

Are you installing v2.0 or v2.1alpha3 ? In case of alpha3, have you installed Intel C++ redistributable (viewtopic.php?f=9&t=538) ?
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
Anthony O

Post by Anthony O »

Dade wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:09 pm Are you installing v2.0 or v2.1alpha3 ? In case of alpha3, have you installed Intel C++ redistributable (viewtopic.php?f=9&t=538) ?

it's the 2.0 version. the one from the download section on the luxrender-website. now i also installed the c++ redistributable just in case but no effect so far. now i am trying to download the 2.1 alpha3 and install that one. lets see ^^
Anthony O

Post by Anthony O »

Dade wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:09 pm Are you installing v2.0 or v2.1alpha3 ? In case of alpha3, have you installed Intel C++ redistributable (viewtopic.php?f=9&t=538) ?
ok the 2.1 alpha 3 is also not working for me. when checking activate i get now this error message:

File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\scripts\modules\addon_utils.py", line 331, in enable
mod = __import__(module_name)
File "C:\Users\Antony\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\scripts\addons\BlendLuxCore\__init__.py", line 13, in <module>
from .bin import pyluxcore
ImportError: DLL load failed: %1 ist keine zulässige Win32-Anwendung.
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

Are you using the OprnCL version ? Is your OpenCL platform working fine ? Try to run LuxMark to check if your OpenCL is working fine.

P.S. and are you running Blender 2.79b from Blender Fundation binaries ?
Anthony O

Post by Anthony O »

Dade wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:07 pm Are you using the OprnCL version ? Is your OpenCL platform working fine ? Try to run LuxMark to check if your OpenCL is working fine.

P.S. and are you running Blender 2.79b from Blender Fundation binaries ?
yes my mashine is opencl capable. i checked it with CPU-Z. i will try the luxmark to check that aswell. but i tried both versions the opencl version and the one without opencl. both have the exact same error message. i use blender 2.79 b.
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

Anthony O wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:59 pm it's the 2.0 version.
Have you installed the Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013 (for v2.0 or 2017 for v2.1alpha3) ?
Anthony O

Post by Anthony O »

Dade wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:23 pm
Have you installed the Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013 (for v2.0 or 2017 for v2.1alpha3) ?
I Installed the Microsoft visual c++ 2013 and also intel(R) c++ redistributable because both were linked in different spots here in the webpage and forum
Anthony O

Post by Anthony O »

Dade wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:23 pm

Now i Installed tue 2017 aswell. Tried reinstalling the 2.0 alpha 3 Addon in blender but it spits out the same error message as in my initial post. Somehow it wont activate no matter what ^^' guess i have bad luck ^^'
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

Hi, sorry for the late reply, I was on vacation without internet for a few days.

We are back again at the error message in the first post, correct?
Most search results from the internet point to problems with the Python installation, so you could try reinstalling Blender and/or uninstalling all other Python installations on your PC.

However, first to make sure: You do have a 64 bit Windows, right? Our builds don't work on 32 bit machines.