Devil's pool scene issues

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
Egert_Kanep

Devil's pool scene issues

Post by Egert_Kanep »

I uploaded my scene to drive for testing. - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-7Oc7n ... sp=sharing

Blender crashes and closes completely when doing copy-paste, undo (ctlr+z), trying to open new comp. Doesn't crash in object edit mode, when doing undo.

Tried on different machines, all crashed in same way. What additional info should I also give?

windows 10, blender 2.79b, luxcorerender 2.1 alpha 2
Racleborg

Re: Devil's pool scene issues

Post by Racleborg »

Sorry, but I don't know how to link to another topic, but it sounds like your issue may be the same as the one that I had. Search for topic named ctrl + c. On may 3rd
Cheers
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

Thanks for taking the time to make a report!
Racleborg wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:41 pm it sounds like your issue may be the same as the one that I had. Search for topic named ctrl + c.
This one: https://github.com/LuxCoreRender/BlendL ... issues/148
It is fixed in Blender master, unfortunately since a 2.79c is unlikely, we will have to wait for 2.8 to have the fix in Blender.
Egert_Kanep wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:11 am undo (ctlr+z).
[...]
Doesn't crash in object edit mode, when doing undo.
What exactly where you doing before the undo?
Did you start a viewport or final render before, or is it reproducable without rendering?
So far I could not reproduce it on Linux.
Egert_Kanep wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:11 am trying to open new comp
What is a "comp"?
Egert_Kanep

Post by Egert_Kanep »

Undo crashes with every action, trying to undo object transform, texture linking or anything else. That comp word was my mistake, I meant new Blender scene. Opening new blend file while this one was open resulted in instantcrash. I don't need to enter renderview to crash blender, it happens even without any visible interaction with renderer. I could record my screen if that would help