BlendLuxCore Development

Discussion related to the LuxCore functionality, implementations and API.
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Re: BlendLuxCore Development

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

B.Y.O.B. wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:43 pm A short demo video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dndMqrA ... N7&index=5
I love the "interactiviness" and "responsiveness" . You should post a link to the video here too: http://www.luxrender.net/forum/viewtopi ... 12&t=13485

Out of curiosity, on what CPU the video was recorded ?
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

Dade wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:33 am Out of curiosity, on what CPU the video was recorded ?
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3635QM CPU @ 2.40GHz
It's a notebook.
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

But I have an optimization for future motion blur in mind:

Code: Select all

for i in blur_steps:
    set_frame(i)
    for obj in objects:
        export(obj)
I tried this approach (implemented in about 34 lines of code, with debug stuff) and it's blazingly fast indeed.
This is the complex test scene, all objects use motion blur (except area lights and library objects).

Old method (used in LuxBlend): about 24 seconds
New method: 0.7 seconds
Without motion blur code: 0.5 seconds
:D
Attachments
moblur.jpg
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Post by Sharlybg »

There is a lot of nice move around the project.I am currently off theses last time because i am not at home and most of the time internet connection is slow. Thanks you for the hard work.

Also some question about luxcore blendluxcore and blender color management system.

1) is there compatibility between luxcore and blender new filmic mod ?
2) can we have the ability to decide if we want or not color management setting to affect material preview/viewport render/texture preview/final render independently ? The idea is to have option to tell luxcore where color management setting must be applied.

3) Do you think we have the possibility to add 3d LUTs (.cube file ) support to luxcore without conflict with blender color management system ?

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA
neo2068
Developer
Developer

Post by neo2068 »

I work on dulpi export in a separate branch. Simple dupli is already possible but I have to implement/improve the object/mesh cache as it doesn't uses instances yet. The image shows the current status of supported features.
new_luxcore.png
i7 5820K, 32 GB RAM, NVIDIA Geforce RTX 2080 SUPER + GTX 1080, Windows 10 64bit, Blender 2.83.5
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

Sharlybg wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:01 am Also some question about luxcore blendluxcore and blender color management system.
This is an area where I'm not sure I understand everything that's going on yet.
I managed to implement Color Management support for the viewport, so viewport and final render now both have Blender Col. Management applied to them.
However, the final render was still too bright, so I currently make it darker in LuxCore imagepipeline.
I'm also not sure if Blender expects a tonemapped LDR image, a tonemapped HDR or a untonemapped HDR from the render engine, I could not find anyhting about this in the Blender docs.
So this is still on my todo list. I created an issue: https://github.com/LuxCoreRender/BlendLuxCore/issues/37
Sharlybg wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:01 am 2) can we have the ability to decide if we want or not color management setting to affect material preview/viewport render/texture preview/final render independently ? The idea is to have option to tell luxcore where color management setting must be applied.
For viewport it would be easy to switch off, but I don't know if you can disable it for final render. I fear it might be "forced enabled" by Blender.
Sharlybg wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:01 am 3) Do you think we have the possibility to add 3d LUTs (.cube file ) support to luxcore without conflict with blender color management system ?
Yes, it should be possible to implement that as an imagepipeline plugin for LuxCore.
neo2068 wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:15 pm The image shows the current status of supported features.
Nice overview.
I think the "DoF" text should be blurred, camera depth of field is already working.
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

Wasted a few more hours on camera motion blur. Super frustrating, still does not work.
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

B.Y.O.B. wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:48 pm Wasted a few more hours on camera motion blur. Super frustrating, still does not work.
What is not working ? I mean, do you get unexpected results out of LuxCore or Blender ?
neo2068
Developer
Developer

Post by neo2068 »

B.Y.O.B. wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:15 pm Nice overview.
I think the "DoF" text should be blurred, camera depth of field is already working.
Yes, and object motion blur, too. BTW, there are missing files for the full render blender test file, e.g. specular imagemap and ies file. Do you have these locally?
i7 5820K, 32 GB RAM, NVIDIA Geforce RTX 2080 SUPER + GTX 1080, Windows 10 64bit, Blender 2.83.5