LuxCoreRender v2.1alpha0 released

News & Announcements regarding releases, features, exporters and project coordination.
Dade
Developer
Developer

Re: LuxCoreRender v2.1alpha0 released

Post by Dade »

kintuX wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 11:39 pm Artifacts appear also with Scales: 3 & yes, with every engine. Suspecting Camera Clipping or bright pixels... or both... or none...
I tried your scene but it doesn't included any denoiser setting when exported. I added the denoiser but I still don't get any colored pixel at the bottom of the image. I will try on Windows.

Anyway, you are using TILEPATH with adaptive tile rendering and that can not be combined with the denoiser. Just use normal PATH, it is also better under any point of view if you have enough ram for the image.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

Dade wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 9:25 am I tried your scene but it doesn't included any denoiser setting when exported. I added the denoiser but I still don't get any colored pixel at the bottom of the image. I will try on Windows.
It is working fine on Windows too. I'm using the default denoiser parameters. I need the scene exported in LuxCore format so it has exactly all parameters set and I can reproduce the problem here.
FiatLux

Post by FiatLux »

Dade wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 9:01 am About the scale parameter...
Thanks, so the crash at high scale value could have been caused by the downscale to less than 1 of a dimension.

What about squared artifacts? Maybe they are caused by a dumb use / incompatibility between downscale and radiuses?
I'd like to read some doc about advanced parameters in the form as you explained scale. Thanks.

This simple scene gives me artifacts for 4+scale. I've set it at 5.
I bet it's not related to the issue but it's worth it to tell you that conosole sometimes says that denoise is skipped because there are no new samples or smth like this (I dont remember the precise words).
PS windows here.
cube.blend
(504.61 KiB) Downloaded 333 times
B.Y.O.B. wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 8:13 pm We are constrained by the Blender API here. As far as I know this is not possible.
Blender just tells us once that the render was cancelled, but it does not tell us every key event.
A stop denoising button (present only when denoising is running) would suffer of the same limitations?
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

FiatLux wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 10:33 am A stop denoising button (present only when denoising is running) would suffer of the same limitations?
I think I can not cancel the imagepipeline execution in LuxCore.
kintuX

Post by kintuX »

B.Y.O.B. wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 8:01 am
kintuX wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 11:39 pm instead of ESC, I force-stop it by setting Halt sampling to lower value than it is at the moment
And this prevents the denoiser from running when the render is stopped? That would be a bug.
No, sorry, i missed that part. :oops: This testing is tiring, getting to me.

Dade wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 9:25 am
kintuX wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 11:39 pm Artifacts appear also with Scales: 3 & yes, with every engine. Suspecting Camera Clipping or bright pixels... or both... or none...
I tried your scene but it doesn't included any denoiser setting when exported. I added the denoiser but I still don't get any colored pixel at the bottom of the image. I will try on Windows.
[LuxCore 2.01] Strange things happen to me exporting only and rendering with standalone.
As rendering hits Halt, it doesn't stop and even, if i pause it, it continues working until i switch to Image View Tool. Then it starts rendering again but stops when it reaches Halt. When i try to Save Outputs, denoising starts and then LuxCore crashes.

Camera Edit Tool restarts rendering every time window is resized, whenever i make LuxCore window active and with every change and only uses window resolution?

With Image View Tool rendering cannot be restarted. But Image resizing restarts rendering?
How come resolution from export is not used but cropped to camera window view?
BTW, what does different # Image Pipelines do?
It's a mess... am loosing it and i'm honestly fucked up. :roll:
B.Y.O.B. wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 8:01 am Anyway, you are using TILEPATH with adaptive tile rendering and that can not be combined with the denoiser. Just use normal PATH, it is also better under any point of view if you have enough ram for the image.
OK, wasn't aware of that.
Dade wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 10:07 am It is working fine on Windows too. I'm using the default denoiser parameters. I need the scene exported in LuxCore format so it has exactly all parameters set and I can reproduce the problem here.
Finally, i got denoised render from Lux and it looks like the issue is real...
sugarcube_fucked.jpg
sugarcube-test_LuxCore.bcf.7z (94.2 MB) @ MEGA

... also, GIMP reports an offset in following image :?
sugarcube_fucked in LuxCore 2.01.png
offsetReport.jpg
laterzzz...
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

kintuX wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 6:36 pm It is working fine on Windows too. I'm using the default denoiser parameters. I need the scene exported in LuxCore format so it has exactly all parameters set and I can reproduce the problem here.
It is working fine here:
ice.jpg
Anyone can reproduce this problem.
kintuX wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 6:36 pm It's a mess... am loosing it and i'm honestly fucked up.
You need to report a couple of problems/questions you have, get an answer/fix/etc. and move to the next. Many of the problems you are encountering are just explainable and/or the expected behavior but it is impossible to answer to 10 questions at the same time.
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

You also have to keep in mind that luxcoreui is mostly a developer tool, not targeted at end-users.
There is no GUI that replaces the classic Lux GUI, yet (someone has to write it).
Dez!

Post by Dez! »

E C S T A Z Z Z Y Y !!
Linux Plasma | Ryzen 5, 32Gb, SSD M2, GT 590 RX | BenQ 27 | Wacom One | Microsoft Ergo | Tie Guan Yin tea
http://dezigner.tilda.ws/
kintuX

Post by kintuX »

Dade wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 9:01 pm
kintuX wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 6:36 pm It is working fine on Windows too. I'm using the default denoiser parameters. I need the scene exported in LuxCore format so it has exactly all parameters set and I can reproduce the problem here.
It is working fine here:

ice.jpg

Anyone can reproduce this problem.
kintuX wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 6:36 pm It's a mess... am loosing it and i'm honestly fucked up.
You need to report a couple of problems/questions you have, get an answer/fix/etc. and move to the next. Many of the problems you are encountering are just explainable and/or the expected behavior but it is impossible to answer to 10 questions at the same time.
B.Y.O.B. wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 9:19 pm You also have to keep in mind that luxcoreui is mostly a developer tool, not targeted at end-users.
There is no GUI that replaces the classic Lux GUI, yet (someone has to write it).
All fine now. Apologies for bits blowing off. So I wrapped my head around the tool. You got my full respect.
About the image posted, that's the crop i was mentioning in Camera tool. Also had found that bug in above scene isn't 100% reproducible, but more like ~20%. IDK, Binary exports feels somewhat corrupt. But nevermind.

Hopefully this scene cuts it:
burnzBug.zip
(7.89 KiB) Downloaded 310 times

- Extract & Load - "burnzBug.bcf" (first renders cropped)
- use - Tool > Image view & wait for a moment - "... 100%, rendering done."
- set Film > Set resolution: Width (840) x Height (720), Apply
- Wait again for 'Samples per pixel 100%, rendering done.'
- use Film > Save outputs
- Check image 'RGB_IMAGEPIPELINE_2.png' in scene/root directory.

Is it like this?
RGB_IMAGEPIPELINE_2.png
cya
Racleborg

Post by Racleborg »

[quote][ think I can not cancel the imagepipeline execution in LuxCore [quote][

No worries as once my excitement and testing of it has calmed down a bit, I'll get into the habit of only switching it on when doing final renders.

(Somthing wrong with my quoting. Ill work it out when not on my tab and rushing off to work lol)