Fighting vs fireflies

Post your tests, experiments and unfinished renderings here.
marcatore
Donor
Donor

Re: Fighting vs fireflies

Post by marcatore »

hi @david57 for testing.

I'm continue my testing but at the end it seems that there is no magic solution to have a "quicker" render, at least at the moment.
It seems that there is not other solution than render different light conditions and blend them together after.
It should work because you can set the best render settings for every condition, the bad part of this is that you add complexity...because, if you think that this is just an image..and you render 3 images...but usually I render 6 o 8 images per room...so..prepare all the images layer is a bit of more work to do.

I hope that the incoming lightcache will speed up the rendering so I can render an image per camera.
Asticles
Donor
Donor

Post by Asticles »

What happens if you change importance values for lights, is it possible to use the relative values of getting a clean render?

Skylight 1.5
Ceiling .5
And so on

Regards
david57

Post by david57 »

I was trying to change importance values for lights as you said but the scene crashed.
Another crash with BlendLuxCore v2.0beta3.
marcatore
Donor
Donor

Post by marcatore »

I did a test with bidir clamping that it's working correctly (at least without any kind of rendering artifacts).
2 hours render & 2k samples. Clamp at 1500
test_luxcore_2000samples_BiDir_2h01min.jpg
It's becoming affordable as rendertime vs quality ... and I've heard that denoiser is coming... :)
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

marcatore wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 10:42 am It's becoming affordable as rendertime vs quality ... and I've heard that denoiser is coming... :)
BTW, B.Y.O.B. has enabled "spike removal filter" inside the denoiser so we have now 2 anti-fireflies tools: variance clamping and/or spikes removal. The second may be a bit less powerful but it is easier to use because it doesn't requires to set/tune any parameter.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
marcatore
Donor
Donor

Post by marcatore »

Do you want to increase my "I want to test it NOW" feeling? :)