Light groups

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
Pato

Light groups

Post by Pato »

Hello,

I'm new in Luxcore more or less, but I'm interested on start to use it for production.
One super important thing to me is Light groups. The other cryptomatte, a pity we don't have it here.

Regarding light groups, I was trying with version 2,4 and was working great but I had to set the composition manually but was working perfectly on interactive. Now I have installed the beta 2,5 b1 and It's making the compositing nodes perfectly but I have no option to change the interactive.
I'm using official blender release 2,91 from steam.

cheers,
Pato.
Attachments
Light group.png
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Re: Light groups

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

Pato wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:17 am Now I have installed the beta 2,5 b1 and It's making the compositing nodes perfectly but I have no option to change the interactive.
This is more or less intended (it's a Blender limitation that the compositor can't be run on a rendered image while rendering is still ongoing).
You will have to wait until the render is done before you can start working with the light groups.
Pato

Post by Pato »

Hi B.Y.O.B

Thanks for your answer!

I got that, what I want to say is that before I was able to turn on and off on interactive mode and now it's not possible.
I don't know if that has sense but it was a good quick way to see how groups were affecting the lighting

Thank you,
Pato.
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

Pato wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:57 pm I got that, what I want to say is that before I was able to turn on and off on interactive mode and now it's not possible.
This is intended. I removed the old light group settings, otherwise the system would have become too unintuitive and convoluted.
Nicknroll

Post by Nicknroll »

Hi B.Y.O.B!
Thank you for new auto node for compositor.

But can you please screw back the menu for tweaking light during rendering?
In the corona and vray, LightMix located in the render window, so I think to locate it here would be nice and quite intuitive:
Screenshot_5.jpg
Another reason is denoiser at the end works better than in compositor.
Also is it possible to denoise all render layers at the end?