Wireframe texture

Discussion related to the LuxCore functionality, implementations and API.
CodeHD
Donor
Donor

Re: Wireframe texture

Post by CodeHD »

Sharlybg wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:18 pm This a very good addition allowing some sci fi wire effects ;)
missuni2.png
:D

Like this it is a bit like the Voronoi (crackle) texture, but with more explicit control via the mesh.
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Post by FarbigeWelt »

Dade wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:43 am If there is some interest in the topic of wireframe shader, I can further work on it once I have finished with the bevel one: at first, I was thinking it more like a debug tool or a toy.
I am interested in wireframe shading. In my opinion sometimes wireframes with definable wire radius and material is a great tool for visualization/illustration. For me this side product
would be welcome.

(At present I am used to use an add-on tracing an object’s edges drawing curves. But, this is not really straight forward because the curves bodies get the shape of cones instead of cylinders. This I do not like much.)
Light and Word designing Creator - www.farbigewelt.ch - aka quantenkristall || #luxcorerender
MacBook Air with M1
JulianoLisboa

Post by JulianoLisboa »

Hi, I couldn't find Bevel or Wireframe quad in the daily builds, has it been implemented yet?
TAO
Developer
Developer

Post by TAO »

This is a super nice feature especially if there is a way to use it as an outliner. I'm looking forward to trying that.
I already make one with serious complex texture connections and looking forward to implementing an outliner shader.
This can be useful especially for architecture render or sketch design look.
Here is my result of what I was done with shaders and textures that I was able to achieve with 3dsmax LuxCore Plugin.
Vectore11-s.jpg
Section-L-02-S.jpg
Vectore14-s.jpg
I'm not sure if it's going to be the same thing but I'm defenetlly looking forward to trying it.
JulianoLisboa

Post by JulianoLisboa »

Very good, but do you have an idea of when it will be implemented in Blender?
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

JulianoLisboa wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:39 pm Very good, but do you have an idea of when it will be implemented in Blender?
The wireframe texture is available in BlendLuxCore v2.5.

The option to ignore planar edges is not implemented yet in the addon. It looks to me like so far there's no documentation on how to use the EdgeDetector shape, and I'm not sure if it is completely finished?
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

B.Y.O.B. wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:17 am The option to ignore planar edges is not implemented yet in the addon. It looks to me like so far there's no documentation on how to use the EdgeDetector shape, and I'm not sure if it is completely finished?
As far as I know, it is working fine :?: It detects and "erase" (fill AOVs used by wireframe texture to hide "wires") edges shared by coplanar triangles, just that.

The application has also the freedom to directly generate the AOVs if it has more information (i.e. before splitting the polygons in triangles, etc.).
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

Cool!
Looking at https://github.com/LuxCoreRender/LuxCor ... s.cpp#L353, I wonder what aovIndex0, aovIndex1, aovIndex2 are for and how they should be used?
Why are there three AOV indices? In the examples, only one ".aovindex" property is set (which I guess is outdated?): https://github.com/LuxCoreRender/LuxCor ... be.scn#L78
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

B.Y.O.B. wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:03 am Looking at https://github.com/LuxCoreRender/LuxCor ... s.cpp#L353, I wonder what aovIndex0, aovIndex1, aovIndex2 are for and how they should be used?
They are the vertex AOV indices where the information, if to draw the triangle edge or not, is stored: 0.0 means don't draw, != 0.0 means draw. There is a value for each triangle edge. At the moment they should always left to the default values and should probably not be exposed (see below).

The wireframe texture reads the AOV value associated to the triangle edge and it can be used to "erase" the wire: https://github.com/LuxCoreRender/LuxCor ... me.cpp#L48

At the moment the texture uses fixed 0, 1, 2 AOVs.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
JulianoLisboa

Post by JulianoLisboa »

I would love to hide the triangles in this wireframe.