Render Animation

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
areandres

Render Animation

Post by areandres »

Hello @ all.
Ich have a question.
Is it possible to export a animation from Blender and then render the animation with Luxcorerender without blender ?
I did not find any way.

Greets Andy
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Re: Render Animation

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

Exporting a LuxCore scene per frame should work if you enable the Filesaver mode in the render properties, LuxCore Tools panel.
However, you will need to write a small batch or Python script to render all frames with standalone LuxCore afterwards.
areandres

Post by areandres »

B.Y.O.B. wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:05 am Exporting a LuxCore scene per frame should work if you enable the Filesaver mode in the render properties, LuxCore Tools panel.
However, you will need to write a small batch or Python script to render all frames with standalone LuxCore afterwards.
Ahhh ok.
Last time i did it but then 1200 folders made in total.
After that i did not know what todo.

My point was that maybe when i use the standalone version it could be faster and more stable.

But then its to complicated i will keep it running over Blender.

Anyways thanks for your reply.

Andy
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Post by Sharlybg »

My point was that maybe when i use the standalone version it could be faster and more stable.
But then its to complicated i will keep it running over Blender.
Maybe we can help find the source of the instability.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

I doubt it will be faster or more stable (unless there's some bug in the Blender addon or Blender affecting you).
What it will do is save memory: the scene only needs to be loaded by LuxCore and not by Blender, too.
So if your scene doesn't fit into RAM when rendering in Blender, it might be interesting to export it like this.
areandres

Post by areandres »

B.Y.O.B. wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:33 am I doubt it will be faster or more stable (unless there's some bug in the Blender addon or Blender affecting you).
What it will do is save memory: the scene only needs to be loaded by LuxCore and not by Blender, too.
So if your scene doesn't fit into RAM when rendering in Blender, it might be interesting to export it like this.
Now i am running Blender from powershell now and then when it hangsup i can see what is the issue.

My System is very powerfull.
My Rig:
Asus Prime Z370 II
64GB DDR 4 3600MHz Memory
1TB M2 SSD
RTX 2080TI + Titan XP
CPU Intel 8700K @ 5GHz
Blender 2.90
BlendLuxCore 2.5a
Win 10 pro