transparent material + wood artifacts

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
zooropa

transparent material + wood artifacts

Post by zooropa »

Hi. I am dealing with a new scene and I am getting some strange artifacts on some of my meshes.
I believe it has to do with the intersection between the acrylic glass and the wood. I am not sure if this should be the expected result when this happens.
Unfortunately the render looks better when the meshes intersect, I would like to keep it like that.
I am using lux 2.5
with the glass
with the glass
without the glass
without the glass
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Re: transparent material + wood artifacts

Post by Sharlybg »

Got the same here : viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2567
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA
zooropa

Post by zooropa »

Thank you, can i ask how did you solve this. I checked the link, but I need to render within Blender.
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Post by Sharlybg »

zooropa wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:37 am Thank you, can i ask how did you solve this. I checked the link, but I need to render within Blender.
Try to delete and rebuild the wrong face hand hope it will not happen elsewhere. It is a bug and Devs will look into it.

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA
zooropa

Post by zooropa »

Sharlybg wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:44 am
zooropa wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:37 am Thank you, can i ask how did you solve this. I checked the link, but I need to render within Blender.
Try to delete and rebuild the wrong face hand hope it will not happen elsewhere. It is a bug and Devs will look into it.
Thank you ! I I just hope it does not affect my uv maps..It took me a long time to set it .
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

Sharlybg wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:44 am Try to delete and rebuild the wrong face hand hope it will not happen elsewhere. It is a bug and Devs will look into it.
It may be not the same problem, Zooropa, just try to rise a little the glass top: if the surface of the glass and wood one are too near, due to limited floating point 32bit precision, LuxCore may detect the intersection with the glass plane and not with the wood surface (so seeing inside the closed wood box: just all black).
Leandro Oliveira

Post by Leandro Oliveira »

I would say the same as Dade. Objects with transparent materials, can´t touch other surface, because renderer don´t know what face it should renders.
zooropa

Post by zooropa »

Leandro Oliveira wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:42 pm I would say the same as Dade. Objects with transparent materials, can´t touch other surface, because renderer don´t know what face it should renders.
Thank you. I was doing like in cycles, where they worked. Now I know, after moving a bit the acrylic glass I stop having those black artifacts.