New Reflect/Transmit AOVs

Discussion related to the LuxCore functionality, implementations and API.
jfcalcena

Re: New Reflect/Transmit AOVs

Post by jfcalcena »

Dade wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:53 am rr.jpg

The limit of 32 AOV types has been lifted (we were at the cap) and the support for new Reflect/Transmit AOVs has been added:

DIRECT_DIFFUSE_REFLECT
DIRECT_DIFFUSE_TRANSMIT
DIRECT_GLOSSY_REFLECT
DIRECT_GLOSSY_TRANSMIT
INDIRECT_DIFFUSE_REFLECT
INDIRECT_DIFFUSE_TRANSMIT
INDIRECT_GLOSSY_REFLECT
INDIRECT_GLOSSY_TRANSMIT
INDIRECT_SPECULAR_REFLECT
INDIRECT_SPECULAR_TRANSMIT

They are the result of splitting reflections/transmissions of already available AOVs:

DIRECT_DIFFUSE = DIRECT_DIFFUSE_REFLECT + DIRECT_DIFFUSE_TRANSMIT
DIRECT_GLOSSY = DIRECT_GLOSSY_REFLECT + DIRECT_GLOSSY_TRANSMIT
INDIRECT_DIFFUSE = INDIRECT_DIFFUSE_REFLECT + INDIRECT_DIFFUSE_TRANSMIT
INDIRECT_GLOSSY = INDIRECT_GLOSSY_REFLECT + INDIRECT_GLOSSY_TRANSMIT
INDIRECT_SPECULAR = INDIRECT_SPECULAR_REFLECT + INDIRECT_SPECULAR_TRANSMIT

Thanks a lot guys! For your hard work and fast development! Cheers!
jfcalcena

Post by jfcalcena »

Dade wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:53 am rr.jpg

The limit of 32 AOV types has been lifted (we were at the cap) and the support for new Reflect/Transmit AOVs has been added:

DIRECT_DIFFUSE_REFLECT
DIRECT_DIFFUSE_TRANSMIT
DIRECT_GLOSSY_REFLECT
DIRECT_GLOSSY_TRANSMIT
INDIRECT_DIFFUSE_REFLECT
INDIRECT_DIFFUSE_TRANSMIT
INDIRECT_GLOSSY_REFLECT
INDIRECT_GLOSSY_TRANSMIT
INDIRECT_SPECULAR_REFLECT
INDIRECT_SPECULAR_TRANSMIT

They are the result of splitting reflections/transmissions of already available AOVs:

DIRECT_DIFFUSE = DIRECT_DIFFUSE_REFLECT + DIRECT_DIFFUSE_TRANSMIT
DIRECT_GLOSSY = DIRECT_GLOSSY_REFLECT + DIRECT_GLOSSY_TRANSMIT
INDIRECT_DIFFUSE = INDIRECT_DIFFUSE_REFLECT + INDIRECT_DIFFUSE_TRANSMIT
INDIRECT_GLOSSY = INDIRECT_GLOSSY_REFLECT + INDIRECT_GLOSSY_TRANSMIT
INDIRECT_SPECULAR = INDIRECT_SPECULAR_REFLECT + INDIRECT_SPECULAR_TRANSMIT
Hello Dade. How are you? I can't see my "Indirect Specular Transmit" and other AOVs passes. It appearing all black. I'd tested with Blender 2.82a and 2.90 with Luxcore 2.5 Alpha version - and in both versions it's the same issue. How can I render or see this "Refraction"(Indirect Specular Transmit) pass. There's something wrong here. Follow images to see what's happening. Thanks a lot!
Attachments
WhatsApp Image 2020-08-24 at 13.34.49.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2020-08-24 at 13.35.25.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2020-08-24 at 14.33.35.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2020-08-24 at 14.35.12.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2020-08-24 at 14.37.06.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2020-08-24 at 14.36.12.jpeg
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

juangea wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:25 pm But those direct/indirect AOVs include color Albedo information right? Not like the ones in Cycles, right?
Yes but I have still hard time figuring out how Cycles can label that "thing" Albedo (as far as I understand, it isn't Albedo, it is the BRDF evaluation that can be very far from Albedo in some material).
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

jfcalcena wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:29 pm I can't see my "Indirect Specular Transmit" and other AOVs passes. It appearing all black. I'd tested with Blender 2.82a and 2.90 with Luxcore 2.5 Alpha version - and in both versions it's the same issue. How can I render or see this "Refraction"(Indirect Specular Transmit) pass. There's something wrong here. Follow images to see what's happening.
Are you using Glass material or something else ? Can you post a test scene ?
jfcalcena

Post by jfcalcena »

Dade wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:50 pm
jfcalcena wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:29 pm I can't see my "Indirect Specular Transmit" and other AOVs passes. It appearing all black. I'd tested with Blender 2.82a and 2.90 with Luxcore 2.5 Alpha version - and in both versions it's the same issue. How can I render or see this "Refraction"(Indirect Specular Transmit) pass. There's something wrong here. Follow images to see what's happening.
Are you using Glass material or something else ? Can you post a test scene ?
Yes Dade, I'm using glass material in both mesh. In liquid and in the glass. Just fast preset selection to make some test in this AOVs passes. Nothing complex. My machine setup here is i7-8700K, 64RAM and 2 GTX 1080Ti (Windows 10), just in case. Follow We Transfer link file with my (Canada - HDR) together. The zip file it's too big.

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/6af30e ... 922/df0616

Thanks again!
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

jfcalcena wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:31 pm Yes Dade, I'm using glass material in both mesh. In liquid and in the glass. Just fast preset selection to make some test in this AOVs passes. Nothing complex. My machine setup here is i7-8700K, 64RAM and 2 GTX 1080Ti (Windows 10), just in case. Follow We Transfer link file with my (Canada - HDR) together. The zip file it's too big.

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/6af30e ... 922/df0616
@B.Y.O.B.: this looks like a BlendLuxCore bug, the SPECULAR Reflect/Transmit AOVs seems to do nothing. DIFFUSE/GLOSSY Reflect/Transmit buttons works while nothing change in the configuration for SPECULAR Reflect/Transmit buttons.
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

Ok, I'll check it in 1-2 days.
JulianoLisboa

Post by JulianoLisboa »

Since you are doing these implementations, can you create an Ambient Oclusion pass?
It was going to help a lot in the dissemination of Luxcore not only as a render of archviz. The product design audience would love it. That is my focus.

Thank you for the good work.

Juliano
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

Dade wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:17 am @B.Y.O.B.: this looks like a BlendLuxCore bug, the SPECULAR Reflect/Transmit AOVs seems to do nothing. DIFFUSE/GLOSSY Reflect/Transmit buttons works while nothing change in the configuration for SPECULAR Reflect/Transmit buttons.
The specular reflect/transmit AOVs are missing from pyluxcore.FilmOutputType.names.
This is causing the problem.

Code: Select all

>>> pyluxcore.FilmOutputType.names.keys()
dict_keys(['RGB', 'RGBA', 'RGB_TONEMAPPED', 'RGB_IMAGEPIPELINE', 'RGBA_TONEMAPPED', 'RGBA_IMAGEPIPELINE', 'ALPHA', 'DEPTH', 'POSITION', 'GEOMETRY_NORMAL', 'SHADING_NORMAL', 'MATERIAL_ID', 'DIRECT_DIFFUSE', 'DIRECT_DIFFUSE_REFLECT', 'DIRECT_DIFFUSE_TRANSMIT', 'DIRECT_GLOSSY', 'DIRECT_GLOSSY_REFLECT', 'DIRECT_GLOSSY_TRANSMIT', 'EMISSION', 'INDIRECT_DIFFUSE', 'INDIRECT_DIFFUSE_REFLECT', 'INDIRECT_DIFFUSE_TRANSMIT', 'INDIRECT_GLOSSY', 'INDIRECT_GLOSSY_REFLECT', 'INDIRECT_GLOSSY_TRANSMIT', 'INDIRECT_SPECULAR', 'MATERIAL_ID_MASK', 'DIRECT_SHADOW_MASK', 'INDIRECT_SHADOW_MASK', 'RADIANCE_GROUP', 'UV', 'RAYCOUNT', 'BY_MATERIAL_ID', 'IRRADIANCE', 'OBJECT_ID', 'OBJECT_ID_MASK', 'BY_OBJECT_ID', 'SAMPLECOUNT', 'CONVERGENCE', 'SERIALIZED_FILM', 'MATERIAL_ID_COLOR', 'ALBEDO', 'AVG_SHADING_NORMAL', 'NOISE', 'USER_IMPORTANCE'])

>>> "INDIRECT_SPECULAR" in pyluxcore.FilmOutputType.names.keys()
True

>>> "INDIRECT_SPECULAR_TRANSMIT" in pyluxcore.FilmOutputType.names.keys()
False

>>> "INDIRECT_SPECULAR_REFLECT" in pyluxcore.FilmOutputType.names.keys()
False

>>> 
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

I added them.