Mediabook

Our forum gallery for displaying your finished renders.
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Re: Mediabook

Post by Sharlybg »

You clearly miss a correct lighting plus good reflection.just add a nice indoor Hdri it will look more realistic.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

A nice indoor Hdri

Post by FarbigeWelt »

Sharlybg wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:44 pm You clearly miss a correct lighting plus good reflection.just add a nice indoor Hdri it will look more realistic.
Ah, okay. Your suggestion would be very welcome if I‘d like to copy a real world scene at a photography. But actually I mean something differently with the word ,realistic‘. I fought with glasses appearing like a faint set of sun glasses. What looks definitely unrealistic for me for glass transparency if 1.0.

Maybe, I will try to produce a photography like rendering in near future.
Light and Word designing Creator - www.farbigewelt.ch - aka quantenkristall || #luxcorerender
MacBook Air with M1
Martini

Re: A nice indoor Hdri

Post by Martini »

FarbigeWelt wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:55 pm
Sharlybg wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:44 pm You clearly miss a correct lighting plus good reflection.just add a nice indoor Hdri it will look more realistic.
Ah, okay. Your suggestion would be very welcome if I‘d like to copy a real world scene at a photography. But actually I mean something differently with the word ,realistic‘. I fought with glasses appearing like a faint set of sun glasses. What looks definitely unrealistic for me for glass transparency if 1.0.

Maybe, I will try to produce a photography like rendering in near future.
It reminds me very much of my early glass renders in POV-Ray. Check that you have enough light bounces (I recommend at least 32 or 64, probably even higher for a scene like this), check your surface normals are facing outward, and make sure you have something bright to reflect (like an HDRI that Sharlybg was suggesting). At the moment it looks like nothing is above 1.0 brightness, this is not realistic for reflections.

For an additional touch, you can experiment with internal volume absorption on the glass.
AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 5995WX 64-Cores | 2x Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC
ASUS Pro WS WRX80E-SAGE SE WIFI | 256GB Kingston Server Premier ECC Unbuffered DDR4
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Re: A nice indoor Hdri

Post by FarbigeWelt »

Martini wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:44 am
FarbigeWelt wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:55 pm Maybe, I will try to produce a photography like rendering in near future.
It reminds me very much of my early glass renders in POV-Ray. Check that you have enough light bounces (I recommend at least 32 or 64, probably even higher for a scene like this), check your surface normals are facing outward, and make sure you have something bright to reflect (like an HDRI that Sharlybg was suggesting). At the moment it looks like nothing is above 1.0 brightness, this is not realistic for reflections.

For an additional touch, you can experiment with internal volume absorption on the glass.
Thank you both for your ideas and suggestions.

I've placed the table with the glass ware in a closed, windowless room with 16 lights close below the ceiling each made from 3 separated triangle area lights (each 200 lumen). This lightening is pretty common realized with G10 LED spots.

How ever I tweaked the luxcorerender's glass the empty glasses have a grayish look I really do not like.

Any ideas of yours how to improve the glasses? Transparency, reflection, shadow color?
Delicate Taste of Anonymous Seduction, 2nd_indoor, 16x3 area lights_GPU Path, bounces 40, clamp 0.5, 14 kSamples, 2pc err_HD, 2h26m54s
Delicate Taste of Anonymous Seduction, 2nd_indoor, 16x3 area lights_GPU Path, bounces 40, clamp 0.5, 14 kSamples, 2pc err_HD, 2h26m54s
Light and Word designing Creator - www.farbigewelt.ch - aka quantenkristall || #luxcorerender
MacBook Air with M1
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

It looks like you might be using the glass material to color the liquids?
Use a clear volume with absorption color instead for physically correct absorption (the "colored glass" preset gives an example).

Judging from the shadows, it looks like you have way too many lights for a nice lighting. Try only two lights for a start.

It also seems like the wine glasses are either lacking thickness, or have an IOR close to 1? Make sure they have correct thickness and give them an IOR around 1.5.

Since the appearance of glass depends mostly on the environment around it, because it consists only of refraction and reflection, it also makes sense to improve the environment if the glass does not appear realistic. The easiest way is to use an HDRI of a room instead of a 3D-modelled room, but you can also improve the room 3D model (add a floor, light it realistically, place windows, doors, furniture etc.).
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Post by FarbigeWelt »

Martini wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:44 am ... Check that you have enough light bounces (I recommend at least 32 or 64, probably even higher for a scene like this), ... and make sure you have something bright to reflect ... At the moment it looks like nothing is above 1.0 brightness, this is not realistic for reflections.

B.Y.O.B. wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:05 pm It looks like you might be using the glass material to color the liquids?
Use a clear volume with absorption color instead for physically correct absorption (the "colored glass" preset gives an example).

Judging from the shadows, it looks like you have way too many lights for a nice lighting. Try only two lights for a start.

... it also makes sense to improve the environment if the glass does not appear realistic. The easiest way is to use an HDRI of a room instead of a 3D-modelled room, ...
HDRI
Use of an indoor HDRI is a very good input from all of you. Thank you.

In my opinion HDRIs are a fast and comfortable way to setup a simple closed room for a test scene with very good chances to get a photo realistic render of glasses and other materials. However, I am more curious about what is required to setup a scene with basic objects, lights and materials. I know this way a rendered image rather looks artificial, at least reasonable based on physics and almost everybody's experiences.

An example scenery
A bulb gives light in an empty apartment with closed shutters. The bulb sits in a cheap plug hanging from the ceiling at the end of two simple wires. A very common scene. Also common are bottles of still and sparkling water together with a few clear plastic glasses for all the hardworking people helping to take one's furniture and other properties from an old to the new address.

Internal Volume
You are right! Internal volume's absorption color is the correct property of choice.

The objects are part of an older scene I've built in the first times of LuxCoreRender.
Meanwhile, I have to question the use of transparency color at all. At the moment I cannot think of any material absorbing parts of polychrome light's spectrum independent on passing through transparent objects path length, see e.g. Beer and Lambert.

Hard Nut to Shell
Looking closer at glassware and liquids design, locations, materials and volumes I had to notice different erroneous things set by younger me.

Liquid in a Container
Although quite easy to make a liquid in a container a special BlendLuxCore or LuxCoreRender feature for creating correct liquid in any container using only two inputs: a) height of liquid level and b) a liquid's internal volume.

Refractive Index
One of those things younger me did correct.
However, I could not resist to illustrate effect of IOR glasses' look.

animated GIF, click to view
Glasses-and-Bottles_IOR-1.01-to-1.gif
Bad Intersection
Depending on volumes' priority hierarchy one can observe rather strange effects if objects intersect unintended.

animated GIF, click to view
Glasses-and-Bottles_Levering-Table-into-Glassware.gif
Work's Outlook
Still not perfectly happy with the result of my latest renders I nevertheless hope you can see some improvements already.
(Picture missing, troubles to upload it, tried png and jpg with size <1 MB. | Reason: File name was too long.)
Glassware, Closed Room
Glassware, Closed Room
Glassware, Closed Room_Additional 4 lights_GPU Path, Light tracing_Bounces T16,S10,G10,S16_Noise Threshold 10, Error mean = 0.115, 4073 Samples_2.02 Mpixels, 44m07s
MacBook Air with M1
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Growing famous Logo

Post by FarbigeWelt »

8-)
Just >-click -< if you see an empty image only.
LCR-Logo-comes-in-3D-Existance-2.97 MB.
LCR-Logo-comes-in-3D-Existance-2.97 MB.
MacBook Air with M1
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

cPainting

Post by FarbigeWelt »

Salt lake like in Violet
Salt lake like in Violet
MacBook Air with M1
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Brave Downstairs - The Clip

Post by FarbigeWelt »

MacBook Air with M1
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Evolution of Brilliance

Post by FarbigeWelt »

Evolution of Brilliance_5c, Black Sky
Evolution of Brilliance_5c, Black Sky
MacBook Air with M1