BlendLuxCore Development

Discussion related to the LuxCore functionality, implementations and API.
Odilkhan Yakubov

Re: BlendLuxCore Development

Post by Odilkhan Yakubov »

Is there any plans on:
*. GPU compute for BDPT integrator;
*. Support all Cycles nodes/settings.
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Post by Sharlybg »

Odilkhan Yakubov
Probably an error , anyway your signature is a bit too bloody. It doens't even serve the purposes as it tend to distract a lot. :mrgreen:
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA
Odilkhan Yakubov

Sharlybg wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:43 am
Odilkhan Yakubov
Probably an error , anyway your signature is a bit too bloody. It doens't even serve the purposes as it tend to distract a lot. :mrgreen:
Just a little bit changed😉
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Post by Sharlybg »

Just a little bit changed
Very nice indeed this one. :idea:

Martini

Post by Martini »

juangea wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:52 pm I'll try to assemble some example, I'm kind of missing from Discord and the forum because I'm a bit overwhelmed, but I'll see what I can do :)
Currently Lux's render passes are missing some quite important things for this process to be effective. Firstly, the light tracing and photons are not available at all (although technically it is possible to subtract all the other passes from the original image, this is not great). Second, the normal pass stops at the first intersection so you cannot see normals refracted behind transparent surfaces, or in glossy or specular reflections. Third, I think you cannot get volumetric data at all (I did not spend much time looking for this one, though). :(

Just in general, it should be possible to 100% recreate the "beauty composite" from just the render passes, but right now it isn't.

So unfortunately the only reliable way currently is to use the builtin denoiser, or just denoise the Image output on its own. :cry:
Last edited by Martini on Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 5995WX 64-Cores | 2x Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC
ASUS Pro WS WRX80E-SAGE SE WIFI | 256GB Kingston Server Premier ECC Unbuffered DDR4
Martini

Post by Martini »

B.Y.O.B. wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:44 pm
juangea wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:20 pm I would add the option to have the denoise inside the node group, per pass, it will deliver better overall result I think.
I don't see how denoising each pass individually would benefit the result. It would certainly decrease the responsiveness of the setup a lot, though.
Can you show images that prove a benefit of denoising individual lightgroup AOVs versus denoising the sum of the AOVs?
I was skeptical at first, too, but I tried it in Cycles and it actually does increase the quality substantially! There are some good examples here: https://gumroad.com/l/superimagedenoiser

LuxCore support is partial, although there are some features missing or not working properly due to the passes issues I mentioned in my previous post.
AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 5995WX 64-Cores | 2x Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC
ASUS Pro WS WRX80E-SAGE SE WIFI | 256GB Kingston Server Premier ECC Unbuffered DDR4
juangea
Donor
Donor

Post by juangea »

What you mean is per render pass I assume, that was my point in the OIDN thread, that’s not possible yet but I think Dade is conscious of several limitations of the current render passes right now.

The one you quote from me was for the light groups, and it was to denoiser each light group separately, TBH Ím not 100% sure if for light groups it’s worth the effort, I still have to test it.

Ideally at some point AOV’s get revised and improved to include things that are not there yet :)
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Post by Sharlybg »

Any way to randomize color in procedurale brick texture in blendluxcore ?
The cycles one come random by default i can't redo it in blendluxcore.
brick.jpg

And a user on youtube ask for that one ramdom UV maps. here his comment :
Thank you! But i talk about randomization of UV maps. I know how to make it in Cycles (UV mapping node - separetae XYZ - math node -X/Y - math node +random per island - combine XYZ - texture map) but....seems it impossible in Luxcore....

B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

Sharlybg wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:45 am Any way to randomize color in procedurale brick texture in blendluxcore ?
The cycles one come random by default i can't redo it in blendluxcore.
I think this needs to be fixed in LuxCore itself, I can look into it.
Sharlybg wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:45 am And a user on youtube ask for that one ramdom UV maps. here his comment :
Thank you! But i talk about randomization of UV maps. I know how to make it in Cycles (UV mapping node - separetae XYZ - math node -X/Y - math node +random per island - combine XYZ - texture map) but....seems it impossible in Luxcore....
In latest builds you can do it like this:
Attachments
Capture.PNG
distort_uv.blend
(775.55 KiB) Downloaded 232 times
Odilkhan Yakubov

Hi. Sorry, if i missed something. I've downloaded latest build. On which version of Blender am i must to install the addon? To 2.83.5(6) or can i install on 2.90 also (stable)?
Thanks.