Making cash using free software

Our forum gallery for displaying your finished renders.
MetinSeven

Re: Making cash using free software

Post by MetinSeven »

In a past life I used to be a game designer and pixel artist for 16-bit systems, for the Commodore Amiga, MS-DOS, Windows and more. Here are some videos if you're interested.
I can now understand where your style come from. ;) You have some pretty nice background.
Thanks! 🙂👍
visualizer • illustrator • animator • 3D designer — metinseven.nl
CodeHD
Donor
Donor

Post by CodeHD »

Great render! :) I like how the coins and gems are comic-style perfectly clean, but the chest still has a bit of texture. Looks a bit like leaf-gold peeling off.
Dade wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:53 am On the 10 years anniversary I'm tempted to write an Optix+RTX+Denoiser version, it would run at an insane speed.
First off: Please do! :D
Second, just cause I'm curious: Your game seems to be made with sphere-primitives, so not many objects to cramp into the BVH. Isn't this the kind of situation that doesn't benefit much from RTX :?:
MetinSeven

Post by MetinSeven »

CodeHD wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:09 pm Great render! :) I like how the coins and gems are comic-style perfectly clean, but the chest still has a bit of texture. Looks a bit like leaf-gold peeling off.
Many thanks, much appreciated!
visualizer • illustrator • animator • 3D designer — metinseven.nl
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

CodeHD wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:09 pm Second, just cause I'm curious: Your game seems to be made with sphere-primitives, so not many objects to cramp into the BVH. Isn't this the kind of situation that doesn't benefit much from RTX :?:
Optix/RTX accelerates also (mainly ?) BVH traversal, it doesn't matter the type primitives placed in BVH leafs (i.e. it supports custom primitive like spheres, hairs or whatever).

You have to keep in mind the original video was using a AMD HD5870 ... an new NVIDIA RTX 20xx is insanely faster (even without the RTX hardware).

It is a well keep secret what RTX hardware accelerates (or not) but I assume it does BVH traversal and ray/triangle intersection in hardware.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties