LuxCore Network Render

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
Jack Eden

LuxCore Network Render

Post by Jack Eden »

MacOS 10.14.6
BlendLuxCore 2.4 beta1

When I launch LuxCore Network Render from inside of blender and then open a NetConsole window and then "add job" I am not able to select the .cfg file. All the files are greyed out. See attached image. Has anyone else encountered this before? I've attached a screenshot of the file browser window.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-07-16 at 4.02.32 PM.png
Shantarli

Re: LuxCore Network Render

Post by Shantarli »

Save as binary, it will generate .bcf file which you will be able to select.
Attachments
Screenshot 2020-07-17 at 02.33.43.png
Jack Eden

Post by Jack Eden »

Thank you. Such an easy fix, and this is specified in the Wiki, but I just didn't notice it.

A little bit of a follow up question now that I have the Network Render option working, I can't get the external Network Render to look the same as the image when rendered internally. I have Color Management set to have everything turned off, I think anyway, but the external render still looks significantly darker than the internal render. Any chance you have come across this issue also?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-07-16 at 11.24.58 PM.png
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

Jack Eden wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:27 am A little bit of a follow up question now that I have the Network Render option working, I can't get the external Network Render to look the same as the image when rendered internally. I have Color Management set to have everything turned off, I think anyway, but the external render still looks significantly darker than the internal render. Any chance you have come across this issue also?
It may be something related to gamma setting, try to export the scene in text format and post here the .cfg so we can see how the image pipeline is configured.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
Jack Eden

Post by Jack Eden »

Thanks for the quick reply. I've attached an image comparing the internal and external render, and also the .cfg file, however the external render was run from a binary .bcf file, but I exported the .cfg file immediately afterward and didn't change any settings.
Attachments
BothTogether.png
render.cfg
(2.41 KiB) Downloaded 152 times
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

Jack Eden wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:34 pm Thanks for the quick reply. I've attached an image comparing the internal and external render, and also the .cfg file, however the external render was run from a binary .bcf file, but I exported the .cfg file immediately afterward and didn't change any settings.
The imagepipeline defined in the .cfg looks normal with tonemapping and gamma 2.2.

I have done a simple test with Blender and a simple cube-over-plane scene: I get the same output inside Blender and outside Blender with an exported scene (with LuxCoreUI, Network rendering, etc.).

Can you do the same test with a fresh scene ? You may have some setting different from Blender default in your scene. Note: my default Blender "Color Management => View Transform" is set to "Filmc", yours seems set to "Standard".
Jack Eden

Post by Jack Eden »

Dade wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:16 am Can you do the same test with a fresh scene ? You may have some setting different from Blender default in your scene. Note: my default Blender "Color Management => View Transform" is set to "Filmc", yours seems set to "Standard".
I tried a fresh scene with just the cube and everything behaved normally. I'll continue to test to see if I can figure out what is causing the anomaly in that particular scene.

I've tried to find documentation about how to launch PyLuxCore NetNode via command line (I want to be able to launch on a headless computer via SSH) but I can't find anything, and I'm not quite computer savvy enough to just know how. Is it possible to use other computers that are headless to contribute to the render through a command line?
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

Jack Eden wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:48 pm I've tried to find documentation about how to launch PyLuxCore NetNode via command line (I want to be able to launch on a headless computer via SSH) but I can't find anything, and I'm not quite computer savvy enough to just know how. Is it possible to use other computers that are headless to contribute to the render through a command line?
Linux ? I assume all render node are on the same local network. Download and unpack the standalone version and run something like:

Code: Select all

python3 pyluxcoretools.zip netnode
"netnode" command is the headless version of ""netnodeui".

P.S. if it isn't an Ubuntu, you may have to use "python" instead of "python3" but be sure it is python v3.x and not python v2.x.
Jack Eden

Post by Jack Eden »

Thanks again for your very patient replies. I really want to get LuxCoreRender to function for my workflow and I am really struggling with this, but I hope that I am not being too annoying with so many questions. My basic workflow is to render many different individual images, not animations, so ideally I am able to create the scene files in blender and then render them externally so that blender is not tied up with rendering and I can get to working on the next scene for export. This was really easy in the previous version "LuxRender" as I would just export scene files and add them to the LuxRender queue. I know the same is possible in LuxCoreRender, I just can't seem to get it to function.

I have not been able to get PyLuxCoreTools to work on Ubuntu 20.04. I have two computers running Ubuntu 20.04, one was upgraded from a previous ubuntu version and one is a clean install of 20.04 and I am having the same problem on both of them.

I have followed the instructions I found on GitHub - LuxCoreRender and installed Python3

sudo apt-get install python3-pip
and then I tried running

sudo pip3 install PySide
but that didn't work because I got an error that PySide is only supported up through Python 3.4 and the default download for Python is now v3.8, so then I ran the command

sudo pip3 install PySide2
and that installed without an error. But then when I tried running

python3 pyluxcoretools.zip netnode
I got the errors "numpy.core.multiarray failed to import" and "numpy.core.umath failed to import". After doing a little bit of reading it seems that the error may be caused because of multiple versions of python installed. But I'm also wondering if I need a lower version of Python that only uses PySide and not PySide2, but it seems like PySide2 is the version that works for MacOS so maybe I'm wrong about that. It seems like LuxCoreRender is very difficult for an artist to install and use, but maybe not so difficult for a computer software engineer. And so I'm sorry for asking so many questions, but I really do spend many hours of research before coming back to the forums and bothering all of you.

Also, from Blender 2.82a running BlendLuxCore 2.4rc1 (Ubuntu 20.04) nothing happens when I click the LuxCore Network Render button, the computer just freezes momentarily and the fan spins up for a few seconds, and then it is as if I didn't click the button at all. I am assuming that whatever is causing the "pyluxcoretools" error is also not allowing "LuxCore Network Render" to launch from within Blender.
acasta69
Developer
Developer

Post by acasta69 »

Numpy is another package needed by luxcore, you can install it with

sudo pip3 install numpy

Windows 10 64 bits, i7-4770 3.4 GHz, RAM 16 GB, GTX 970 4GB v445.87