BlendLuxCore Development

Discussion related to the LuxCore functionality, implementations and API.
zeealpal

Re: BlendLuxCore Development

Post by zeealpal »

Hey! Potential feature request.

Would it be possible to have an option to convert Cycles nodes to Lux nodes? Not at render time, but either across the scene or for a material?

Often I end up remaking materials from scratch, but it would be nice to have the translation attempt, as well as the colours/textures brought across.
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

zeealpal wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:28 am Hey! Potential feature request.

Would it be possible to have an option to convert Cycles nodes to Lux nodes? Not at render time, but either across the scene or for a material?

Often I end up remaking materials from scratch, but it would be nice to have the translation attempt, as well as the colours/textures brought across.
I won't work on it. I have decided to implement a cycles node reader without node conversion step, because I don't like to do the same work twice.
But if someone else wants to do it, feel free.

Assuming that the node reader works perfectly, it is superior to a node converter, because if the user edits the material, it is not necessary to keep two node trees in sync manually.
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

zareami10 has submitted another patch, this time adding alpha channel support to the final render denoised AOV.
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Post by Sharlybg »

Assuming that the node reader works perfectly, it is superior to a node converter, because if the user edits the material, it is not necessary to keep two node trees in sync manually.
Ah remenber something. What are currently unsupported thing of the node reader ?
Also is it possible to have a per material reader ? I mean when i say use cycles node i want it apply on a given material not all at once.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA
zeealpal

Post by zeealpal »

B.Y.O.B. wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:40 pm
zeealpal wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:28 am Hey! Potential feature request.

I won't work on it. I have decided to implement a cycles node reader without node conversion step, because I don't like to do the same work twice.
But if someone else wants to do it, feel free.

That makes sense. I wasn't thinking anything that would keep nodes in sync, just more of a kick-start to setting up Lux materials as I generally use Lux nodes.

Thanks

Edit: Having a quick look at the Cycles Material reader, it looks like it reads Cycles nodes straight into LuxCore scene configurations?

For some reason I had assumed it converted the Cycles node trees into LuxCore node trees (in Blender) and then exported it.
Last edited by zeealpal on Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

Sharlybg wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:52 pm Ah remenber something. What are currently unsupported thing of the node reader ?
See https://github.com/LuxCoreRender/BlendL ... issues/272
Sharlybg wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:52 pm Also is it possible to have a per material reader ? I mean when i say use cycles node i want it apply on a given material not all at once.
You can enable/disable the usage of Cycles nodes per material, there is a checkbox.
CodeHD
Donor
Donor

Post by CodeHD »

B.Y.O.B. wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:41 pm zareami10 has submitted another patch, this time adding alpha channel support to the final render denoised AOV.
Nice, I have to look at how he implemented it... I tried to do this a few weeks ago myself but didn't quite succeed :lol:
chafouin

Post by chafouin »

Would it be possible to add support to use IES as masks, i.e. normalizing the embedded light intensity so it can work with regular light intensities, or to use the IES profile intensity?
https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/Eng ... index.html
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

chafouin wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:54 am Would it be possible to add support to use IES as masks, i.e. normalizing the embedded light intensity so it can work with regular light intensities, or to use the IES profile intensity?
https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/Eng ... index.html
Adding a normalize flag it is pretty much trivial. The IES map is always transformed in an image map: https://github.com/LuxCoreRender/LuxCor ... s.cpp#L109

It is about adding here 3 lines of code to normalize the image map pixels: https://github.com/LuxCoreRender/LuxCor ... s.cpp#L131

Plus a line of code to parse the option (like the ".flipz" option). If someone want to take the task, it is really easy.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
Odilkhan Yakubov

Post by Odilkhan Yakubov »

Why the Denoised image is the same as Combined? Meaning not Denoising.