WIP - melMass

Post your tests, experiments and unfinished renderings here.
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Re: WIP - melMass

Post by lacilaci »

melMass wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:33 pm
lacilaci wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:27 am I would rather maybe try mixing 2 Disney materials and try to construct your car paint that way rather than this dedicated shader... Doesn't seem too useful to me
Thanks for the advice I had not tried the Disney shader yet! It does have all the components I need.
About my overexposing issue, I realize that the shader's components of the car paint are summed not averaged.

Does that mean that all the R's summed should equal 1?
take 2 disney nodes and plug them in the mix material

make first material darker color and more roughness and other disney with more shiny and saturated color, both use metalic at 1(fully metallic).. And here you have your basic carpaint to build on.
melMass

Post by melMass »

Thanks, I know how to mix shaders, I was talking about the car paint layer, they don't seem to be mixed but added. R stands for the fresnel but it also controls the intensity of the layer, I don't understand if they're meant to be under 1 total (R1 + R2 +R3 <= 1 ) ?
melMass

Post by melMass »

I'm trying the Disney shader but I cannot control the specular intensity?

As you can see when I zero out all the values I still have a specular component:
melMass

Post by melMass »

Dade wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:53 pm It is probably even worse because there is 1 diffuse layer and 3 glossy layers so you have to balance all of them (including the diffuse layer)
Oh, I did not see your answer sorry! That's what I thought after testing it further!

I'll mix my own components using Lux core nodes I just thought it was a good occasion to try this dedicated shader ;)
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Post by lacilaci »

I personally think that all shaders should have a "legacy" in the name exception of principled...
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

melMass wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:29 pm I'm trying the Disney shader but I cannot control the specular intensity?
Use a higher roughness value.
See also https://github.com/LuxCoreRender/LuxCore/issues/219
melMass

Post by melMass »

B.Y.O.B. wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:46 pm
melMass wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:29 pm I'm trying the Disney shader but I cannot control the specular intensity?
Use a higher roughness value.
See also https://github.com/LuxCoreRender/LuxCore/issues/219
Interesting thanks, it does make sense!