Room

Post your tests, experiments and unfinished renderings here.
Racleborg

Re: Room

Post by Racleborg »

Here's comparison:
Path 3k samples
Thank you for the file which I've downloaded and tried out. The do all look very different.
wasd

Post by wasd »

FarbigeWelt wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:21 pm
wasd wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:33 am I think this is the final version, there will be an animation.
3.jpg
Nicely done. Especially the bed and the windows. Did you try tone mapper Reinhard? Maybe you can make the room brighter while keeping look through open windows as is.
Thank you! I didn't do the bed though :)
I didn't try Reinhard, because I don't understand it.
CPU Bidir + Metropolis | Core i5-4570
neo2068
Developer
Developer

Post by neo2068 »

wasd wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:00 pm
Racleborg wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:01 pm
Sobol is ugly and should never be used.
UUHHH :shock: What
I don't understand that either :o

Could you post a side-by-side comparison - or have you just done that? They look totally different?

Thanks
Nope. I didn't intend to discuss this.
Here's comparison:
Path 3k samples
Sobol: sobol_3k.png~
Metropolis: metropolis_3k.png~
Bidir+Metropolis 100 samples:bidir_100.jpg~
That test scene has nothing to do with your room scene. For the test scene BiDir render engine or Path Tracing+Light Tracing is better because of the reflected light by the mirror. In your room scene you have a big window opening with direct light. In that scene OpenCL Path tracing could be faster.
i7 5820K, 32 GB RAM, NVIDIA Geforce RTX 2080 SUPER + GTX 1080, Windows 10 64bit, Blender 2.83.5
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
Nikonov_94

Post by Nikonov_94 »

That's still a WIP, but I'd say it's looking good so far, and I hope it'll get better with time!
Plus, thanks for the explanations on how to do this or that, for the tricks and guides, I committed a mistake and mentioned I was learning how to use a graphic design program at work, the boss overheard, and now I'm supposed to learn as quick as possible (in my free time, of course) so that I can model what the company offers in places like these flats in Berlin ... So I have to become proficient really fast, and you guys really do help!
wasd

Post by wasd »

epilectrolytics wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:09 pm
wasd wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:10 pm There's more! It is animated. more.png
The outside scenery is most interesting and seeing it animated would be awesome!
I'm afraid it wouldn't :) It's not the scenery what's getting animated.
hill-19.png
Hedge to the left has ~83000 tris per meter. That's about 100 times more than I want it to be and approximately 1.5 times less than needed to fill gaps.
Parallelepiped with texture seem to be the wrong way to do hedges.
Chain-link fence has 180k per 3x2.8 section.

The image is a little blurry, but I can't probably afford more than 150 secons per frame. That's Bidir+Metropolis. Also I can't render with GPU, because of clcreatebuffer error. It render 2 to 10 frames then stop. I'd rather render with CPU.
wasd

Another room

Post by wasd »

I (suddenly) found that all my materials were reflecting too much light. I'm trying now to find correct values.
Attachments
alb-18-2.png
alb-18-3.png