LuxCoreRender v2.3beta2 released

News & Announcements regarding releases, features, exporters and project coordination.
Dade
Developer
Developer

LuxCoreRender v2.3beta2 released

Post by Dade »

Downloads:

Standalone: https://github.com/LuxCoreRender/LuxCor ... _v2.3beta2
Blender Addon: https://github.com/LuxCoreRender/BlendL ... _v2.3beta2

Changelog:

https://wiki.luxcorerender.org/LuxCoreR ... Notes_v2.3

LuxCore

New Features since Beta1
  • Improved light map sampling in BAKECPU
  • Added the support for transparencies and shadowcatcher to BAKECPU
  • Fixed and optimized the execution on CPU with high thread count (24+)
Fixed Bugs since Beta1
  • BAKECPU now correctly includes the dot product of shading normal and light direction in light maps
  • Fixed the generation of material/object/volume default random ID (issue #296)
  • Fixed bump mapping when using a transformation with negative scale on Z (issue #300)
Blender Addon

New Features since Beta1
  • BlendLuxCore can now read some basic Cycles world and light settings. For more info see https://github.com/LuxCoreRender/BlendL ... issues/272
  • Added option to normalize distant light (enabled by default)
  • Objects that are completely invisible in Cycles (via ray visibility flags) are not exported by LuxCore anymore
  • Allow to set light tracing partition even with OpenCL engine (so it's possible to use the CPU not only for light tracing)
  • Added a button that allows to create a light object from an HDRI world (for free transformation)
Fixed Bugs since Beta1
  • Fixed view layer override material not working
  • Fixed instancer sometimes visible in final render despite disabled visibility
  • Fixed packed image temp files not being closed before removal
Changes that break backwards-compatibility
Old scenes created with v2.2 will need to be updated manually in the areas listed below to make them look the same in v2.3:
  • The ImagePipeline tonemapper default settings were changed: auto brightness is now disabled by default (was enabled), gain is now 1.0 by default (was 0.5)
  • Lights now have two modes for choosing the brightness: "artistic" and "power". Default is now "artistic". This means that the light settings of old scenes have to be changed manually to make them look identical to v2.2.
  • It is now no longer possible to tint the sun and the sky color.
  • Sun lights in "distant" mode are now normalized by default. To make old scenes appear the same, disable the "Normalize" option in the light settings
  • Camera clipping is now enabled by default. When loading old scenes, you'll have to disable it to get the same behaviour (although the difference is probably not visible in most scenes)
  • The blackbody texture is now normalized by default. For scenes created in older versions, disable the normalize option to get the same result
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
Harvester
Donor
Donor

Re: LuxCoreRender v2.3beta2 released

Post by Harvester »

Thank you for this release. Please, note that the option to change version in the Preferences doesn't seem to work, no list of versions is being displayed when clicking on the Releases option.
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

Harvester wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:03 am Please, note that the option to change version in the Preferences doesn't seem to work, no list of versions is being displayed when clicking on the Releases option.
Thanks for the report, fixed.
Harvester
Donor
Donor

Post by Harvester »

I've just downloaded the Latest Build (by Dade [97a03c8]) and the updated update.py file is there but the behavior in the Preferences is still the same: no builds listed in the Release for Change Version, as you can see below:
luxcore_releases.jpg
Racleborg

Post by Racleborg »

but the behavior in the Preferences is still the same: no builds listed in the Release for Change Version
Same here.
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

Harvester wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:00 pm I've just downloaded the Latest Build (by Dade [97a03c8]) and the updated update.py file is there but the behavior in the Preferences is still the same: no builds listed in the Release for Change Version
Weird, it's working fine here. Are there any error messages in the console?
Which OS are you using?
Racleborg

Post by Racleborg »

In my case:
Are there any error messages in the console?
No
Which OS are you using?
Win10 64
Harvester
Donor
Donor

Post by Harvester »

**System Information**
Operating system: Windows-10-10.0.18362-SP0 64 Bits
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 1070/PCIe/SSE2 NVIDIA Corporation 4.5.0 NVIDIA 442.19

**Blender Version**
version: 2.82 (sub 7), branch: master, commit date: 2020-02-12 16:20, hash: `rB77d23b0bd76f`

**Console messages**
D:\Blender_2.82_stable>blender.exe --debug
Switching to fully guarded memory allocator.
Blender 2.82 (sub 7)
Build: 2020-02-13 01:56:46 Windows Release
argv[0] = blender.exe
argv[1] = --debug
Read prefs: D:\Blender_2.82_stable\2.82\config\userpref.blend
read file D:\Blender_2.82_stable\2.82\config\startup.blend
Version 282 sub 7 date 2020-02-12 16:20 hash 77d23b0bd76f
found bundled python: D:\Blender_2.82_stable\2.82\python

BlendLuxCore registered (2.3beta1)
Updating OpenCL device list
WARN (bpy.rna): c:\b\win64_cmake_vs2017\win64_cmake_vs2017\blender.git\source\blender\python\intern\bpy_rna.c:1476 pyrna_enum_to_py: current value '0' matches no enum in 'LUXCORE_OT_change_version', '(null)', 'selected_release'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "D:\Blender_2.82_stable\2.82\scripts\addons_extern\BlendLuxCore\operators\update.py", line 188, in execute
requested_release = releases[self.selected_release]
KeyError: ''

Error: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "D:\Blender_2.82_stable\2.82\scripts\addons_extern\BlendLuxCore\operators\update.py", line 188, in execute
requested_release = releases[self.selected_release]
KeyError: ''

-----------------------

The last error was generated when I did click the OK button even if no version was listed and selected. Hope the above will help.
BigGoga

Post by BigGoga »

Hello everybody
Thanks for your work. Render is getting faster and better.
I want to note that the problem that I described in this the post has not been resolved.
I want to help make this render better. BUT I am not a programmer to my great chagrin.

I use Blender 2.82 and BlendLuxCore-v2.3beta2-win64-opencl
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

BigGoga wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:52 am Hello everybody
Thanks for your work. Render is getting faster and better.
I want to note that the problem that I described in this the post has not been resolved.
I want to help make this render better. BUT I am not a programmer to my great chagrin.

I use Blender 2.82 and BlendLuxCore-v2.3beta2-win64-opencl
I think this is a more a Windows problem than a LuxCoreRender problem, it is explained here: https://www.anandtech.com/show/15483/am ... x-review/3

It is mostly a stupid and artificial limitation of some Windows version not intended to be used on high core count CPUs.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties