Access violation

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Access violation

Post by lacilaci »

when using emission node and at the same time pgi first it will work, but changing emission node from auto DLS to enabled or disabled will trigger blender crash.

from console:
em_pgi.jpg
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Re: Access violation

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

I can not reproduce this on Windows 10 with neither Path CPU nor Path OCL engines.

Can you provide a testscene?
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Post by lacilaci »

B.Y.O.B. wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:58 am I can not reproduce this on Windows 10 with neither Path CPU nor Path OCL engines.

Can you provide a testscene?
well... can't replicate it in new scene and when I strip down main scene where it happens then it works... So far I only know that it's triggered when enabling emission on material with pgi on... shit.
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

Is it the only light emitter in the scene ?
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

To further elaborate: PhotonGI does light tracing so there is no direct light sampling at all and DLS flag should have no direct impact at all on the PhotonGI pre-processing step. So the problem is a bit strange.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Post by lacilaci »

Dade wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:58 pm To further elaborate: PhotonGI does light tracing so there is no direct light sampling at all and DLS flag should have no direct impact at all on the PhotonGI pre-processing step. So the problem is a bit strange.
there is bunch of lightsources. I don't need the emitter so I can work around it, but wanted few objects to look as if they're lightsources... it's all good unless I also enable photongi. So far I tried to see if the problem is instances, multimaterial, other materials or cache persistence file. Everything works in isolated scene...

I'm busy and I can work around the issue for now, maybe I'll get back to this later when I have more time or if it would happen in a simpler scene.