HDRI Loading problem

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
PDRA

HDRI Loading problem

Post by PDRA »

Hi,
Even though I still could find a solution to the backplates issue I described in my BMW post, I'm facing now a new problem.

All of a sudden now when I try to get into render mode it doesn't show the HDRI I load. It has been working without any problem and it works in a default scene but in the scene, I have prepared it got bugged.
I also tried appending all the scenes into a new one and it got the HDRI running once but then the second time I switched it got bugged again. There is an error message that says "The scene doesn't include any light source (note: volume emission doesn't count for this check)" which hasn't appeared to me before.

Please I need your help!

Regards, saludos
Pablo
Attachments
HDRI doesn't show.jpg
HDRI is shown in default scene.jpg
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Re: HDRI Loading problem

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

Strange.
Does the filepath contain special characters?
Are there error messages in the console? (Window -> Toggle System Console).
PDRA

Post by PDRA »

Thank you a lot!! :D

I tried moving it to the desktop and changing its name to "test.hdr" and it seems it worked!

These are some of the names of the files I tried:

000 - HDRI Mountain road - Morning _ Afternoon - Partially clouded Blurred

002 - HDRI Rainy desert road - Midday - Overcast Blurred

It is strange because I don't see any special characters. I'm thnking that it could be the lenght of the file path. It has 212 characters in total. Or maybe it could be this part of the file path "...HDRI's...". Might be that apostrophe? It is weird anyways because it loaded the HDRI in the default scene and in previous scene I already did.

This is another message I got just in case
World "World": 'RNA_Types' object has no attribute 'light'

And this is the error message in the console
ERROR: The scene doesn't include any light source (note: volume emission doesn't count for this check)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Ruggeac\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.81\scripts\addons\BlendLuxCore\engine\viewport.py", line 12, in start_session
engine.session.Start()
RuntimeError: The scene doesn't include any light source (note: volume emission doesn't count for this check)
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

PDRA wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:19 am I tried moving it to the desktop and changing its name to "test.hdr" and it seems it worked!

These are some of the names of the files I tried:

000 - HDRI Mountain road - Morning _ Afternoon - Partially clouded Blurred

002 - HDRI Rainy desert road - Midday - Overcast Blurred

It is strange because I don't see any special characters. I'm thnking that it could be the lenght of the file path. It has 212 characters in total. Or maybe it could be this part of the file path "...HDRI's...". Might be that apostrophe? It is weird anyways because it loaded the HDRI in the default scene and in previous scene I already did.
Check the full path, "C:\path\to\file.hdr", not just the "file.hdr" part. Maybe some folder has special characters in its name?
Unfortunately, non-ASCII characters are known to cause problems: https://github.com/LuxCoreRender/LuxCore/issues/103
PDRA wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:19 am This is another message I got just in case
World "World": 'RNA_Types' object has no attribute 'light'
Can you upload the .blend that shows this problem?
Also, are you using the latest stable release or a daily build?
PDRA

Post by PDRA »

I've checked the file path and the apostrophe seemed to be to only special character.

The world error message was in the same scene where I had the "The scene doesn't include any light source (note: volume emission doesn't count for this check)" error. Both dissapeared when I changed the path and the name of the file!

Thank you again BYOB for the help!

Soon I will be posting some composition renders! :D

Regards, saludos
Pablo