Slow Motion Water Splash

Our forum gallery for displaying your finished renders.
MSC

Slow Motion Water Splash

Post by MSC »

This is a project I started in 2012 with Luxrender.
I always wanted to create a fluid animation with Luxrender but my 2.26GHz Core2Duo simply wasn't capable enough for such a task.
When I discovered LuxCoreRender in 2018 I dug out the old project files and rebaked the simulation.
In retrospect I should have done that again when I bought the FLIP Fluids addon as this would have improved the quality of the simulation but I didn't want to "waste" the six days of simulation time... (rendering took much, much longer... :roll: )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gv-Ddp9wNWs
0645.jpg
0993.jpg
Fox

Re: Slow Motion Water Splash

Post by Fox »

the 2'th part looks interesting.
OMG this is a long render.
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

Fox wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:07 am OMG this is a long render.
If even Fox aka Meelis says it's a long render, it's a loooong render :D

Nice work.
Maybe the first shot would look even better if the position where the water jet hits the surface was in frame.
Fox

Post by Fox »

B.Y.O.B. wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:15 am If even Fox aka Meelis says it's a long render, it's a loooong render :D
There was also an Formula car animation render done in 1 year, if i recall it correct.
And the cocoa cup with spoon a side, rendered by many PC's.
My renders are short compared to above.
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Post by FarbigeWelt »

MSC wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:51 pm I bought the FLIP Fluids addon as this would have improved the quality of the simulation
Hi MSC,
Your animation is really cool 😎! Excellent work! Thank you that you published the link to your animation in this forum.
How comes you have this kind of patience?

What is your experience with FLIP Fluids? Is it faster, more flexible than Blender‘s built-in fluid simulation?
Light and Word designing Creator - www.farbigewelt.ch - aka quantenkristall || #luxcorerender
MacBook Air with M1
MSC

Post by MSC »

@B.Y.O.B. Thank you! You are right about the camera placement. I thought the same when I watched the finished video :D

@Fox: I remember that F1 car render, that is beautiful. It’s still available on Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/24238079
This was one of the videos that made me dream about creating an animation with Luxrender someday.

@FarbigeWelt Thank you! There are multiple reasons for my patience.
Fluid Simulations where the reason I started using Blender. As a child I loved playing with water so I was excited when I discovered that I could simulate fluid with my PC :D
And I love to watch fluid simulations but often times the simulations you find on Youtube/Vimeo are rather short and fast. I like longer simulations and slow-motions :-)

The FLIP Fluids addon has some advantages over Blender’s built-in fluid simulation.
For me the most important thing is, that the simulation can be paused and resumed. That is very handy when baking long simulations or if Blender crashes.
And It’s much easier to create foam or bubbles with FLIP Fluids.
I think it uses less RAM, too, although I didn’t test that.