A baking test scene

Discussion related to the LuxCore functionality, implementations and API.
Racleborg

Re: A baking test scene

Post by Racleborg »

As well as the left -click, as Sharlybg mentioned, it is also possible to switch off selectable in the Outliner. In the attached image, for example, the books can't be selected.
Attachments
Annotation 2019-11-29 092059.jpg
Racleborg

Post by Racleborg »

Hi Dade

As well as a few fixes, I’ve added a texture map for the ‘Bake’ to the Wall, Floor and Window materials.
If this is what you are looking for then just let me know and I will carry on with the rest of the objects. If it’s not, I’m still happy to help with this project in any way I can. 😉

Here is the file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhdwgLaw01tLpnXsElx ... T?e=TXr9CG
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

Racleborg wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:08 am Here is the file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhdwgLaw01tLpnXsElx ... T?e=TXr9CG
Thanks, I think you broke the UVs maps when you applied solidify to some object. For instance, see the "floor" object:

floor.jpg

Both the box upper face and the box lower face are mapped in UV (0, 0) to (1, 1). This means the baking process will sample both the lower (pointing outside) and the upper face (pointing inside the room), mixing what there is outside and what there is inside.

The baking process samples the UV space, you can not have overlapped face there or the generated bake map will be a mix of what is seen by each overlapped face.

As far as I know, this breaks Cycles baking too.

The easier fix is probably to split the upper floor face and the rest of the solidified box in 2 separate objects so the upper face map will be correct and the other doesn't matter because it is not visible. The same should be done for all object you have solidified.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

Oh, I forgot: can you also replace the "DGruwier_dirt_04_scratches_smudge_specs_black.tif" file with a "DGruwier_dirt_04_scratches_smudge_specs_black.png": reading a TIFF file crashes my Blender due to a bug in the version of Ubuntu/OpenImageIO I'm using.
Racleborg

Post by Racleborg »

Oh, I forgot: can you also replace the "DGruwier_dirt_04_scratches_smudge_specs_black.tif" file with a "DGruwier_dirt_04_scratches_smudge_specs_black.png": reading a TIFF file crashes my Blender due to a bug in the version of Ubuntu/OpenImageIO I'm using.
Yes, sure, I'll fix that.

Also, I've got no idea why this is happening but every so often it loads a different texture than the one in the material. This has never happened to me in the past (see attached image)

Maybe it's something to do with converting an old Blender file to 2.8 :?:
Attachments
Annotation 2019-11-29 122427.jpg
Racleborg

Post by Racleborg »

Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

Racleborg wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:03 pm Updated to PNG:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhdwgLaw01tLpnYa8wJ ... j?e=nHiR2S
Racleborg, have you seen my second last post ? UVs look still broken.
Racleborg

Post by Racleborg »

Both the box upper face and the box lower face are mapped in UV (0, 0) to (1, 1). This means the baking process will sample both the lower (pointing outside) and the upper face (pointing inside the room), mixing what there is outside and what there is inside.

The baking process samples the UV space, you can not have overlapped face there or the generated bake map will be a mix of what is seen by each overlapped face.

As far as I know, this breaks Cycles baking too.

The easier fix is probably to split the upper floor face and the rest of the solidified box in 2 separate objects so the upper face map will be correct and the other doesn't matter because it is not visible. The same should be done for all object you have solidified
This post? No, sorry, I somehow missed it and only saw the one immediately afterwards.

I'll do the fixes that you suggest and report back soon. Hopefully this evening, but maybe tomorrow, if that's ok?
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

Racleborg wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:42 pm I'll do the fixes that you suggest and report back soon. Hopefully this evening, but maybe tomorrow, if that's ok?
Sure, indeed, there is no hurry.
Racleborg

Post by Racleborg »

Dade

Iv'e started from scratch due to the issues with image textures, and to have a nice clean slate for the UV maps. (it's all good fun practise/learning)

Creating new parts from the added thickness's and naming them '********thickness' .

Not deleting any of the original UV maps. Making the materials work with whatever is already available. (I guess that the unused ones may be still useful somehow or when multiple UV maps becomes available)

Cheers :)