Network Rendering

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
grimsby

Network Rendering

Post by grimsby »

Having issues trying to setup a render farm and I am not sure if it is our network or the way I have setup the scene file.
I am using relative paths for everything out of Blender 2.80 with the latest version of LuxCore.
I have to slave nodes running, one on a remote machine and the second running on the master.
the scene is a simple cube, very small, no textures.
Just hangs on merging node films
Attachments
netrender.jpg
netrender2.jpg
Dade
Developer
Developer

Re: Network Rendering

Post by Dade »

There have been reports of some hung up (only) on Windows in the past; a problem I have never been able to replicate.

However your problem may be different, your node seems stuck while starting the rendering. Are your using PATHOCL render engine (i.e. GPU rendering) ? Can you repeat the same test with PATHCPU (i.e. CPU rendering) ?

Are you using an automatic/daily build ?

This is my output when using netconsole and netnode on the same machine:
net.jpg
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
grimsby

Post by grimsby »

I have tried both Cpu and open cl with the same results. I am using the official build on the main page, not sure if I should be using a different one and I am on Windows 10.
thanks
grimsby

Post by grimsby »

what actually is the film file? because that is what's not being created.
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

grimsby wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:13 pm what actually is the film file? because that is what's not being created.
The Film file is the rendered image (with a lot of additional information). Are you running the command from a system directory where, may be, you don't have the right to write as normal user ?

I will try to replicate the problem here under Windows (it doesn't happen on Linux).
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

Dade wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:28 pm I will try to replicate the problem here under Windows (it doesn't happen on Linux).
I tried to reproduce the problem here but it is working fine:

net.jpg