LuxCore multipass composite

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
Dade
Developer
Developer

Re: LuxCore multipass composite

Post by Dade »

Egert_Kanep wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:09 pm Well sort of. One would assume aov's to have same settings applied as beauty render
The problem is the sum of clamping is different from the clamping of the sum so it is somewhat not possible. Another open problem is if/how we should/can apply the denoiser to AOVs too.

It is a somewhat complex/tricky topic, I would prefer to consider this a known limitation for the moment.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
Egert_Kanep

Post by Egert_Kanep »

In blender 2.81 users can use denoise node to denoise each pass.

I think denoising every pass is quite heavy actually, extra seconds for every aov. Still faster perhaps than rendering more samples. But the only way I could imagine is that denoised beauty would be the sum of denoised aov's, not just denoising a raw beauty.

So after render is finished, all aov's are denoised and combined to show the denoised beauty pass. That though raises the question what to do if I just want one aov and denoised beauty. That would mean we need 3 kinds of beauty passes.

1 - Raw noisy beauty
2 - Denoised beauty from noisy beauty ( Altough now the denoised aov's might not match with the result we got from denoising beauty, but thats expected)
3 - Denoised aov's combined to beauty (would require all aov's)

I hope my logic still makes sense
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Post by FarbigeWelt »

What exactly is the purpose of your approach composing avos to a result you actually have?
Do you like to have a specific control, e.g. brighten or darken caustics to get the look of your desires?

By the way, nice whisky render. (I guess it is an American not a Scotch. The latter would most probably disguise any ice cubes in their national drunk.)
Light and Word designing Creator - www.farbigewelt.ch - aka quantenkristall || #luxcorerender
MacBook Air with M1
Egert_Kanep

Post by Egert_Kanep »

Using aov's to build beuty gives you control over whole render which is extremely useful for vfx compositing.

Fine tuning colors, specular strength etc. There's no way to get 100% result in render and sometimes it is needed to make changes in post.

I'm just being a bit picky about aov's not giving same result as the combined beauty from renderer. It is not a problem really as aov's are still correct, just combined beauty gets separate treatment as other aov's which confused me