How to render fire

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
schulze1963

How to render fire

Post by schulze1963 »

I changed the render to Luxcore. Create a cube, then apply the quick effect: quick smoke, and select the tree preset "Fire and smoke" as the material node. In rendered Vieport I see only the smoke and no fire in the final render neither fire nor smoke. What am I doing wrong?
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Re: How to render fire

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

Blender's "Quick Smoke" preset only creates a "Smoke" flow object. You have to select the smoke emitter and change its flow type from "Smoke" to "Fire + Smoke" to have both.
schulze1963 wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:07 amin the final render neither fire nor smoke
This was a bug in the addon, I fixed it.
The fix is available in the latest daily build in about 20 min: https://github.com/LuxCoreRender/BlendL ... tag/latest
Attachments
Capture.PNG
schulze1963

Post by schulze1963 »

Thanks for your quick response.
It worked with your tips :P :P
Egert_Kanep

Post by Egert_Kanep »

Also one tip I discovered when rendering fire, don't use colors for fire. Best is to have like 2 shades of red based on some simulation attribute. Because it seems to me fire color behaves best when just increasing emission and playing with that instead of colors. I also considered making this suggestion for the fire preset we currently have
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

Egert_Kanep wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:46 pm I also considered making this suggestion for the fire preset we currently have
If you post a scene showing such a shader and it looks good, I can replace the current preset. It was only meant as an example anyway.