world in material id color

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
Egert_Kanep

world in material id color

Post by Egert_Kanep »

Is it possible to exclude world from material id color aov? I cannot use alpha to cut it out because this is antialiased and white world color bleeds into other id's
Attachments
beauty
beauty
material id color
material id color
Dade
Developer
Developer

Re: world in material id color

Post by Dade »

Are you looking of an object mask for composing ? You should use OBJECT_ID_MASK AOV :idea:
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
Egert_Kanep

Post by Egert_Kanep »

Not object mask. I'm strictly using only material color id masks, because I can use this to create perfect rgb masks. Other ID masks use some weird hacks in Blender to create anti aliasing and what else.

Altough cryptomatte integration could solve all these problems *wink *wink :D Could even create a bounty for it
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

Egert_Kanep wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:05 pm Not object mask. I'm strictly using only material color id masks, because I can use this to create perfect rgb masks. Other ID masks use some weird hacks in Blender to create anti aliasing and what else.
So MATERIAL_ID_MASK AOV is probably what you are looking for :idea: However you can get only one out of a single rendering.

Back to your original question: why background is a problem ? Isn't the same on the borderline of 2 different materials ? Do you just need a black background ?
Egert_Kanep wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:05 pm Altough cryptomatte integration could solve all these problems *wink *wink :D Could even create a bounty for it
Cryptomatte support is something worth adding.
Egert_Kanep

Post by Egert_Kanep »

Background should be black, yes. If I only use pure rgb colors in MATERIAL_ID_MASK AOV I get clean masks. White is problem because that contains all full rgb values, black doesn't and won't mess up the masks
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

Ok, I changed object and material ID for background to 0 (from 0xffffffff, aka white).
Egert_Kanep

Post by Egert_Kanep »

That's awesome news