Alex Roman

General project and community related discussions and offtopic threads.
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Alex Roman

Post by Sharlybg »

Yes ! Alex roman is back with a CGI VFX for silestone. After the 3rd & 7th with a new project done on Corona render :
Hey guys!

Fisrt post here... ;) I was honored and became a mentor of Corona by the great Ivan Zabalza and by the wonderful people Of Render Legion just 1 year ago now. I've been doing several tests. Thousands this year. I was a faithful Vray guy (since my beginnings) and tried a lot of Red Shift as well. Conclusion and bottom line; i had a commissioned ad commercial (starring Cindy Crawford, ;P) for Silestone brand. After LOTS of testing, i got the conclusion that CORONA Render was the VERY best option for this job. Mainly for 2 reasons, no! 3 actually. accuracy of DPLC, best solutions for SSS (both modes) interacting perfectly with GI, and best final GI solving engine. Aside of the progresses of AI denoiser of IPR (couldn't did and still working and developing the ad project itself without the wonderful IPR Corona has.... and improving!). On the other side i found some bugs and lack of versatility in some areas. BUT, this is another subject. Will post it (bugs and wishlist) in th proper forum thread once i'm finished and deliver this job. Obviously, it's not a Hollywood VFX oriented render engine (mostly VIZ) but! I wanted to proof that could not be only for that. Just the opposite actually. Could be with almost a very few changes and solved bugs... ;) The work itself is still very WIP but i really wanted to share some stills with you Ondřej (thanks a LOT for passion and work. Please keep going), your whole team behind (always!) and, of course, the whole community.

Don't be too severe please. Still learning This wonderful piece of magic engine and client asking for never ending changes every couple of days. No Joke at all... (sounds familiar to anyone here?? XD)

SO: a few WIPs :))

All my best!
Alex Roman

PS: YES,. aware that the chroma KEy they're absolut crap! HA! Was in a truly tough deadline. All good and fixed now... BTW; if there is some good chroma keyer listening and/or reading, please get in touch with me if you wanna some lil job. Thnx.
AND of course C&C are not only welcome but needed... ;)

View more here : https://corona-renderer.com/forum/index ... WCruvbeJek

Just dream about the day Lux will be use at that level.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Re: Alex Roman

Post by lacilaci »

Yeah, it kinda doesn't surprise me he ended up with corona. No bs features that no one uses, and all the flexibility you might want. In luxcore the potential is there... but, but...
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Post by Sharlybg »

lacilaci wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:38 am Yeah, it kinda doesn't surprise me he ended up with corona. No bs features that no one uses, and all the flexibility you might want. In luxcore the potential is there... but, but...
In reallity nothing stop us to do such kind of work with Luxcore currently. The problem is that it will be a bit harder compared to well etablished commercial Renderer with dozens of sharp minded guys behind the wheel.
But anyway at the pace we are flying we are not that far from that level.

What is the key missing features you miss from corona and how easy it turn your work ? Now we have :

__Hybrid glass
__ Caustics cache
__ PGI + (better auto portal soon)

Egert_Kanep

Post by Egert_Kanep »

Hold my beer :D
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Post by lacilaci »

Sharlybg wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:57 am ... The problem is that it will be a bit harder...
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

Note:

1) "I was honored and became a mentor of Corona", where I live, it means he is paid by ChaosGroup;

2) Corona is CPU-only;

3) Corona has a price tag attached while we receive donations from about 10 people per month (note: LuxCore v2.1 has been downloaded by about 30,000 people, v2.2 has been already downloaded 4,000 times in few days).
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Post by Sharlybg »

lacilaci wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:04 am
Sharlybg wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:57 am ... The problem is that it will be a bit harder...
+
Dade wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:19 am Note:

1) "I was honored and became a mentor of Corona", where I live, it means he is paid by ChaosGroup;

2) Corona is CPU-only;

3) Corona has a price tag attached while we receive donations from about 10 people per month (note: LuxCore v2.1 has been downloaded by about 30,000 people, v2.2 has been already downloaded 4,000 times in few days).
Finally not that harder. At a certain time it will depend on the Artist. Note that the 3rd and the seven was done 10 years before with old Vray 2.0 and now it is clear that Luxcore is miles ahead of that kind of renderer state.

And even with corona Alex wasn't totally at home:
On the other side i found some bugs and lack of versatility in some areas. BUT, this is another subject. Will post it (bugs and wishlist) in th proper forum thread once i'm finished and deliver this job. Obviously, it's not a Hollywood VFX oriented render engine (mostly VIZ) but! I wanted to proof that could not be only for that.

At the end of the day it is what your are able to do with what you have right now that count. ""FOREST GUMP""

We aren't saying that we like doing things the hard way.

Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Post by Sharlybg »

What is the key missing features you miss from corona and how easy it turn your work ? Now we have :

__Hybrid glass
__ Caustics cache
__ PGI + (better auto portal soon)
Want to know your point here as i don't have experience with corona i wonder what kind of feature can make life so harder or easier.

Racleborg

Post by Racleborg »

lacilaci wrote: ↑Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:38 am
................. No bs features that no one uses..........
What do you mean by that?
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Post by lacilaci »

Racleborg wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:29 am
lacilaci wrote: ↑Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:38 am
................. No bs features that no one uses..........
What do you mean by that?
Streamlined workflow, what exists is fully automatized and problem free and users in most cases only need to press render button.
Luxcore is all over the place and you do need to invest some time to know what can break and when it breaks.
In my opinion (again, just my opinion) stuff like BCD or BiDir is +/- useless in so many cases that it only exists cause some people are confused and believe it is actually needed, these are just slow and very limited features that aren't providing anything but confusion...