Different Works in Progress

Post your tests, experiments and unfinished renderings here.
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Re: Liquidglass - 2nd Generation

Post by FarbigeWelt »

FarbigeWelt wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:52 pm Liquidglass_8.1MB.gif
This work is still in progress.
Blue-Ink-Glass_8.0MB.gif
Light and Word designing Creator - www.farbigewelt.ch - aka quantenkristall || #luxcorerender
MacBook Air with M1
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Zoom out of Birch. 'The Groove' - first impressions

Post by FarbigeWelt »

About a year ago I rendered a tree in the wind with falling leaves. One of the feed-backs told me to check the Blender add-on The Groove among others. Fall is approaching and I like doing things in larger cycles while improving results in each cycle. Finally, I got weak yesterday and bought The Grove.

My first impressions of what I got for 119 Euro are ambivalent.

The add-on, a larger user interface which opens in the tool bar at Blender's left side via Add>Mesh>The Groove. There are plenty of parameters to grow a tree. Very fortunately there are several dozens of tree presets. They help a lot to understand the add-on. Further there are good tool tips for each parameter.
A tree grows according to Add years, i.e. a tree can be grown from zero or as the action tells a tree can be aged further executing it.
There are no leaves supported directly. Instead The Groove uses twigs. And here is the backside of the add-on, there are a lot of textures available for the bark but there is not any twig example in the package.

At least I found an easy example for download in the first step manual. (There are many good looking twigs available, 9.60 Euro each. I may buy some of these later.)

After a few renders I tweaked the available simple twig, i.e. solidified leaves, added subdivision, moved leaves and sub twigs at a more reasonable positions. Then I added subdivision to the tree model.
Materials are easy to be redefined, because there are already Cycles material defined for the few parts of the twig and the tree.
With view port rendering and a few next renders I optimized Glossy transluscent for the leaves and set the twigs material of the tree to 0.0 opacity.
Still I use Blender 2.79b, The Grove is available for both versions 2.79b and 2.8.

I think i will switch soon to Blender 2.8 at least as soon as BlendLuxCore supports all current features of LuxCoreBlender. :D

Animated GIF image, click to view
Birch_a.gif
Light and Word designing Creator - www.farbigewelt.ch - aka quantenkristall || #luxcorerender
MacBook Air with M1
wasd

Re: Zoom out of Birch. 'The Groove' - first impressions

Post by wasd »

FarbigeWelt wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:21 pm About a year ago I rendered a tree in the wind with falling leaves. One of the feed-backs told me to check the Blender add-on The Groove among others. Fall is approaching and I like doing things in larger cycles while improving results in each cycle. Finally, I got weak yesterday and bought The Grove.
That's great! I also tried to make some trees recently. With a little cheaper addon "Sapling Tree Gen". It was not so easy, but fortunately I have some birches right in front of my window, so that's it:
bir.png
I downloaded from textures.com something which looked like birch branch to use in place of leaves.
I think it turn out fine with just 1592 tris, so I can have them in numbers. I didn't find free bark texture though and was too lazy to go out and shoot it myself.
CPU Bidir + Metropolis | Core i5-4570
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Growing Oak - 46 y in 10 s - 'The Groove' - second impressions

Post by FarbigeWelt »

The Groove 8 (pay add-on for Blender 2.80) is out, with many new features.
It highlight is, very easy to set up, the animation of growing trees.
A 46 years old oak takes a lot of RAM. Because each frame contains an oak of different age, the animation takes sum mem of oak frame1 to oak frame n. For the 46 years, the add-on computed 51 frames. These frames contain ~4000 objects using 11.6 GB (10 GB in task manager). The blender file takes 3.7 GB.
Animated GIF, click to view.
Growing-Oak_46-years-in-10-seconds_7.6-MB.gif
MacBook Air with M1
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Who loves Riddles? 1) How looks the scene behind?

Post by FarbigeWelt »

Physical based rendering is full of beautiful wonders waiting to be discovered by some curious playful features-stroller. :mrgreen:

The picture below is a real LuxCoreRender result, 90% de-noised, with a simple hue shift and little value adjustment in compositor.
What do you think how does the scene look behind the picture?
A, maybe not so simple, Riddle
A, maybe not so simple, Riddle
Note: There will be some hints in later posts.
MacBook Air with M1
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Re: Different Works in Progress

Post by Sharlybg »

Very nice render FarbigeWelt.
BTW how your Rx 5700Xt perform now with last radeon 2020 driver ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGg-oFnpdcs
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA
epilectrolytics
Donor
Donor

Re: Who loves Riddles? 1) How looks the scene behind?

Post by epilectrolytics »

FarbigeWelt wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:11 pm What do you think how does the scene look behind the picture?
It reminds me of wall reflections from a stained glass window but I'm pretty sure it is something else, with caustics and maybe some X-trahedron :)
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Post by FarbigeWelt »

epilectrolytics wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:30 pm
It reminds me of wall reflections from a stained glass window but I'm pretty sure it is something else, with caustics and maybe some X-trahedron :)
Hi epilectrolytics,
You guess is porobably quite close. With the hint in the next post, you should be able to refine your guess.
:arrow:
Cheers!
MacBook Air with M1
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Post by FarbigeWelt »

FarbigeWelt wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:11 pm Physical based rendering is full of beautiful wonders...
The picture below is a real LuxCoreRender result...
What do you think how does the scene look behind the picture?
A First Hint (, after a posting break of a few weeks.)

Look at the picture below. What do you see?
The attachment Cube of Dispersions 8_first hint.png is no longer available
What's the source of the nice picture in a former of my posts?

Next, a rather different View of the very Source
A different View of Cube of Dispersions
A different View of Cube of Dispersions
MacBook Air with M1
epilectrolytics
Donor
Donor

Post by epilectrolytics »

FarbigeWelt wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:15 pm Next, a rather different View of the very Source
Cube of Dispersions 3.png
I'm unable to figure out what your set-up is but this high contrast image is some great piece of art!