Dusty air

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Post Reply
wasd
Posts: 250
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:20 pm

Dusty air

Post by wasd » Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:35 pm

On this view from the window I want to make air a bit dusty.
This I rendered with box with volume.
hill-14.png
It works pretty well, except it also dims the hdri, which is not needed. And it is very slow.

If I remove the glass from windows I can save depth like this,
depth2.png
but then I don't know how to mix it with actual image.
What do I do?
CPU Bidir (sometimes GPU Path) + Metropolis | Log Power | Core i5-4570

kintuX
Posts: 477
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:37 am

Re: Dusty air

Post by kintuX » Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:45 pm

If I understand you correctly, you want to do a composite using depth pass to add fog to the environment?
Basically you use it to mask out white layer added on top ;)
Full process described here: https://www.ronenbekerman.com/adding-fo ... nder-pass/

wasd
Posts: 250
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:20 pm

Re: Dusty air

Post by wasd » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:59 pm

kintuX wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:45 pm
If I understand you correctly, you want to do a composite using depth pass to add fog to the environment?
Basically you use it to mask out white layer added on top ;)
Full process described here: https://www.ronenbekerman.com/adding-fo ... nder-pass/
I want to mix in compositor image with some color, based on depth, where further object would be more mixed. The most black and white areas be totaly unaffected. I can't come up with node setup.
CPU Bidir (sometimes GPU Path) + Metropolis | Log Power | Core i5-4570

User avatar
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Posts: 3010
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:08 pm
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: Dusty air

Post by B.Y.O.B. » Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:13 pm

wasd wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:59 pm
I want to mix in compositor image with some color, based on depth, where further object would be more mixed. The most black and white areas be totaly unaffected. I can't come up with node setup.
Something like this?
You might have to adjust the value circled in red.
Attachments
sdfsdfsd.PNG
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

wasd
Posts: 250
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:20 pm

Re: Dusty air

Post by wasd » Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:16 pm

Is it bad to wish something horrible would happen to people, if they coded blender compositing?
B.Y.O.B. wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:13 pm
wasd wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:59 pm
I want to mix in compositor image with some color, based on depth, where further object would be more mixed. The most black and white areas be totaly unaffected. I can't come up with node setup.
Something like this?
You might have to adjust the value circled in red.
Thank you, but maybe I no longer want to to anything with blunder compositing.
Attachments
crap.png
CPU Bidir (sometimes GPU Path) + Metropolis | Log Power | Core i5-4570

User avatar
epilectrolytics
Donor
Posts: 594
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:06 am

Re: Dusty air

Post by epilectrolytics » Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:47 pm

I like this new window composition very much (again)!
Especially how the Ferris wheel is hidden: It makes me shift my head - then laugh about myself :lol:

(Sorry to be of no help with the blending but here's no compo skills.)
MBPro 15" 16GB i7-4850HQ GT750M, MacOS 10.13.6 & Win10Pro PC 16GB Ryzen 2700X, 2 x RTX 2070

wasd
Posts: 250
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:20 pm

Re: Dusty air

Post by wasd » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:10 pm

epilectrolytics wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:47 pm
I like this new window composition very much (again)!
Especially how the Ferris wheel is hidden: It makes me shift my head - then laugh about myself :lol:

(Sorry to be of no help with the blending but here's no compo skills.)
There's more! It is animated.
more.png
I managed to get (more or less) desired result rendering image with and without dusty volume, then mixing it with alpha in gimp. I wish there was simpler way, like checking checkbox and moving the slider though.
comp-fog-mixed.png
Also I want to say that he who model buildings should look to it that the building will have single surface, strictly dividing space into inner and outer. Then you can add bevel to corners and displace to whole building, so it wouldn't break anything.
I didn't and now have to weld everything together.
CPU Bidir (sometimes GPU Path) + Metropolis | Log Power | Core i5-4570

User avatar
epilectrolytics
Donor
Posts: 594
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:06 am

Re: Dusty air

Post by epilectrolytics » Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:09 pm

wasd wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:10 pm
There's more! It is animated. more.png
The outside scenery is most interesting and seeing it animated would be awesome!
MBPro 15" 16GB i7-4850HQ GT750M, MacOS 10.13.6 & Win10Pro PC 16GB Ryzen 2700X, 2 x RTX 2070

Post Reply