Loxodrome

Our forum gallery for displaying your finished renders.
typhoonofdvina

Loxodrome

Post by typhoonofdvina »

Once I had the script that places spheres along a loxodrome ready,
it was only about twiddling the knobs and waiting for result:

The attachment loxodrome1.png is no longer available
The attachment loxodrome2.png is no longer available
The attachment loxodrome3.jpg is no longer available
The attachment caustics4.png is no longer available
loxodrome3.jpg
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Re: Loxodrome

Post by FarbigeWelt »

typhoonofdvina wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:56 pm Once I had the script that places spheres along a loxodrome ready,
it was only about twiddling the knobs and waiting for result:

loxodrome1.png

loxodrome3.jpg
Very nice. I like picture 1 and 3 most. One thing I would change is I would color some sphere faintly. The pictures as are look rather in a dark mood than in a hovvering, dreamy way. I'd prefer the latter. However tastes are different. :D
Light and Word designing Creator - www.farbigewelt.ch - aka quantenkristall || #luxcorerender
MacBook Air with M1
epilectrolytics
Donor
Donor

Post by epilectrolytics »

I like the first one best.
It looks like it is rendered in a cube, would like to see a render in a sphere too :)
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

Great stuff. A nice environment could make it even more compelling!
typhoonofdvina

Post by typhoonofdvina »

I am actually waiting for this feature before I continue:

eilighting.png
eilighting.png (9.65 KiB) Viewed 3821 times

In all those scenes, I am using "dusty" volume so that volumetric caustics shows up (it is visible on images 1, 4, 5).
There is one spot light per sphere, heading from centre out, shining through sphere, supposed to interact with the volume.
And there is a HEMI light supposed to provide additional illumination of the scene, which should, ideally, not interact with the volume.
I was not able to illuminate spheres brightly enough using HEMI light without, at the same time, illuminating also dusty volume with the same HEMI light.
If said planned feature is what I think it is, I should be able to let only certain lights interact with volume, while others only with spheres.
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Post by FarbigeWelt »

typhoonofdvina wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:25 pm I am actually waiting for this feature before I continue:

I was not able to illuminate spheres brightly enough using HEMI light without, at the same time, illuminating also dusty volume with the same HEMI light.
If said planned feature is what I think it is, I should be able to let only certain lights interact with volume, while others only with spheres.
You do bot have to wait for a feature like you described. There is an easy workaround. You could render two images. One with scattering volume and relevant lights, slot 1. And one without volume with all lights, slot 2. Then mix the two images 1:1 or in any relation you like better.
Light and Word designing Creator - www.farbigewelt.ch - aka quantenkristall || #luxcorerender
MacBook Air with M1
typhoonofdvina

Post by typhoonofdvina »

FarbigeWelt wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:36 pm You do bot have to wait for a feature like you described. There is an easy workaround. You could render two images. One with scattering volume and relevant lights, slot 1. And one without volume with all lights, slot 2. Then mix the two images 1:1 or in any relation you like better.
That's a brilliant idea, thank you!