Kitchen + Living_

Post your tests, experiments and unfinished renderings here.
Magog

Re: Kitchen + Living_

Post by Magog »

Yes you are right.
I realize that 2.81 is still too unstable, and despite everything I am stubborn about using it.
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

Magog wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:10 pm Yes you are right.
I realize that 2.81 is still too unstable, and despite everything I am stubborn about using it.
We were among the firsts, if not the first to support Intel denoiser, you don't need Blender v2.81, you can use our implementation already in v2.80 ;)
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
Magog

Post by Magog »

I remember that you were the first, since 2.79.
I use 2.81 because of some improvements I can't do without.
for example .. Change the view of the room with just one click!
Or have the possibility of the separate window when you have to import something or textures, without this possibly affecting the Render Preview ..
However, the problem of the unit from cm to meters also happens to me on 2.80. I do not understand.
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

Magog wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:23 pm However, the problem of the unit from cm to meters also happens to me on 2.80. I do not understand.
Try to disable all addons (load Blender with factory settings) and see if it still happens then. If yes, you might want to report it as a bug in the Blender bugtracker.
Nikonov_94

Post by Nikonov_94 »

But apart from the low frequency noise due to the denoising, it's still a great job, it looks quite good to me! Although I'd try to make it busier and less uniform (a couple more items, some element of decoration of the wall, maybe one or two small scratches on the kitchen surfaces?) to make it more lived in.
Racleborg

Post by Racleborg »

OIDIN is great for somethings, but try it with a repeated pattern or the CLOTH material node and it won't matter how many samples you use it will still blur the image too much IMHO.
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Post by lacilaci »

Racleborg wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:20 am OIDIN is great for somethings, but try it with a repeated pattern or the CLOTH material node and it won't matter how many samples you use it will still blur the image too much IMHO.
That's not true, I don't know about cloth shader(it's too slow to use) but I rendered a lot of fabric type stuff and oidn worked just great. Of course if you have some faint high frequency texture you might need a LOT of samples to preserve it, but any type of realistic looking cloth has enough diversity and different levels of details that will show through noise.
Racleborg

Post by Racleborg »

lacilaci » Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:45 am

Racleborg wrote: ↑Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:20 am
OIDIN is great for somethings, but try it with a repeated pattern or the CLOTH material node and it won't matter how many samples you use it will still blur the image too much IMHO.
That's not true, I don't know about cloth shader(it's too slow to use) but I rendered a lot of fabric type stuff and oidn worked just great. Of course if you have some faint high frequency texture you might need a LOT of samples to preserve it, but any type of realistic looking cloth has enough diversity and different levels of details that will show through noise.
I'll post an example later today or very soon as I've had this issue on a few occasions.
Magog

Post by Magog »

Nikonov_94 wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:33 am But apart from the low frequency noise due to the denoising, it's still a great job, it looks quite good to me! Although I'd try to make it busier and less uniform (a couple more items, some element of decoration of the wall, maybe one or two small scratches on the kitchen surfaces?) to make it more lived in.
Tnx Nikonov.
This is a job prepared in a hurry for a presentation to a client .. 2 days to tackle the scene, shaders, lighting, framing and so on.
Unfortunately this situation happens more and more often.
I agree with you in making the scene more lived-in and the scene harmonious .. Maybe one day when they give me a few more days
Racleborg wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:20 am OIDIN is great for somethings, but try it with a repeated pattern or the CLOTH material node and it won't matter how many samples you use it will still blur the image too much IMHO.
I'm agree with u..
B.Y.O.B. wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:47 pm
Try to disable all addons (load Blender with factory settings) and see if it still happens then. If yes, you might want to report it as a bug in the Blender bugtracker.
This happens only with Luxcore.
If I switch to Cycles the problem no longer appears.
Magog

Post by Magog »

At 2k samples and with Glossy dir/indir Pass connected to the denoise node.

Surely there are other problems also due to the lack of familiarity and mastery of the settings.
I started reading the posts about the LuxCache section, but there are so many pages to absorb and lots of tests to do at a time when I have absolutely no time.
Attachments
Cam_03.jpg