Laci's wip

Post your tests, experiments and unfinished renderings here.
User avatar
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Posts: 3017
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:08 pm
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: Laci's wip

Post by B.Y.O.B. » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:39 am

If you don't plan to scatter hundreds of palms, you could use group instances instead of hair particles and distribute them manually.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

User avatar
lacilaci
Donor
Posts: 1642
Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 5:16 am

Re: Laci's wip

Post by lacilaci » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:43 am

B.Y.O.B. wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:39 am
If you don't plan to scatter hundreds of palms, you could use group instances instead of hair particles and distribute them manually.
I don't scatter palms, they are placed manually. Hair was on the palm but it will always stay in it's original position even if I move linked object(palm) away.

User avatar
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Posts: 891
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:07 pm
Location: Switzerland
Contact:

Re: Laci's wip

Post by FarbigeWelt » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:29 pm

lacilaci wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:43 am
B.Y.O.B. wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:39 am
If you don't plan to scatter hundreds of palms, you could use group instances instead of hair particles and distribute them manually.
I don't scatter palms, they are placed manually. Hair was on the palm but it will always stay in it's original position even if I move linked object(palm) away.
Have you tried to make hair real? There is a way to make a mesh object from particles. Check the blender manual. Work woth a copy of the scene because it is a tricky way to go.
Do not forget to make mesh object using one user only (should be in the vertex menu, some button in the menu line, I mean the menu you can define e.g. vertex groups). If you do not make single user, you may get a real mess.
Light and Word designing Creator - www.farbigewelt.ch - aka quantenkristall || #luxcorerender
160.8 | 42.8 (10.7) Gfp | Windows 10 Pro, intel i7 4770K@3.5, 32 GB
2 AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, 8 GB || Gfp = SFFT Gflops

User avatar
lacilaci
Donor
Posts: 1642
Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 5:16 am

Re: Laci's wip

Post by lacilaci » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:39 pm

FarbigeWelt wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:29 pm
lacilaci wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:43 am
B.Y.O.B. wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:39 am
If you don't plan to scatter hundreds of palms, you could use group instances instead of hair particles and distribute them manually.
I don't scatter palms, they are placed manually. Hair was on the palm but it will always stay in it's original position even if I move linked object(palm) away.
Have you tried to make hair real? There is a way to make a mesh object from particles. Check the blender manual. Work woth a copy of the scene because it is a tricky way to go.
Do not forget to make mesh object using one user only (should be in the vertex menu, some button in the menu line, I mean the menu you can define e.g. vertex groups). If you do not make single user, you may get a real mess.
I know how to convert particles to object, however with hair this would result in completely insane poycounts (hair+children). For now I'm staying away from hair. Next time I'd either be fixed or I'll append objects.

User avatar
lacilaci
Donor
Posts: 1642
Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 5:16 am

Re: Laci's wip

Post by lacilaci » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:05 pm

random preview of the day..
pool, glass, heavy tinted glass, unclamped sunlight no denoising no arch.glass
rp11.jpg

User avatar
lacilaci
Donor
Posts: 1642
Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 5:16 am

Re: Laci's wip

Post by lacilaci » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:47 pm

Is it possible to get transparent alpha from glass shader? (not architectural)

User avatar
Dade
Developer
Posts: 3402
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:36 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Laci's wip

Post by Dade » Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:06 pm

lacilaci wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:47 pm
Is it possible to get transparent alpha from glass shader? (not architectural)
You can make any material transparent, it is a general material attribute and it is not related to glass (it is just the % of rays that will pass trough). For instance, you may want to use a 50% transparent mirror.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

User avatar
lacilaci
Donor
Posts: 1642
Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 5:16 am

Re: Laci's wip

Post by lacilaci » Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:13 pm

Dade wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:06 pm
lacilaci wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:47 pm
Is it possible to get transparent alpha from glass shader? (not architectural)
You can make any material transparent, it is a general material attribute and it is not related to glass (it is just the % of rays that will pass trough). For instance, you may want to use a 50% transparent mirror.
I understand, but I want only alpha channel to have this transparency. So that I can compose background in post since I cannot use ocean mesh.

User avatar
Dade
Developer
Posts: 3402
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:36 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Laci's wip

Post by Dade » Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:20 pm

lacilaci wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:13 pm
I understand, but I want only alpha channel to have this transparency. So that I can compose background in post since I cannot use ocean mesh.
Ok, I think you need to use OBJECT_ID_MASK AOV to get the mask of "glass" object, once you have the mask you can use photoshop/gimp/Blender for any type of compositing you may need :idea:

OBJECT_ID_MASK AOV isn't exactly the transparency but they are values between 0.0 and 1.0 so it can be scaled to any level of transparency you need (during post-processing/compositing).
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

User avatar
lacilaci
Donor
Posts: 1642
Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 5:16 am

Re: Laci's wip

Post by lacilaci » Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:26 pm

Dade wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:20 pm
lacilaci wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:13 pm
I understand, but I want only alpha channel to have this transparency. So that I can compose background in post since I cannot use ocean mesh.
Ok, I think you need to use OBJECT_ID_MASK AOV to get the mask of "glass" object, once you have the mask you can use photoshop/gimp/Blender for any type of compositing you may need :idea:

OBJECT_ID_MASK AOV isn't exactly the transparency but they are values between 0.0 and 1.0 so it can be scaled to any level of transparency you need (during post-processing/compositing).
Oh I see :idea:
Thank you, I know what I have to do!

Post Reply