Laci's wip

Post your tests, experiments and unfinished renderings here.
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Re: Laci's wip

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

You mean it's a Blender problem? Or LuxCore related/bug?
marcatore
Donor
Donor

Post by marcatore »

lacilaci wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:12 am Thanks for the kind words everyone...
Here are some not great not terrible palm tree trunks.
Have you a reference? it seems that the trunk are too "leafy"... but probably they're right...
Probably every piece of the trunk should be bigger and less curved toward outside... but just my memory...
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Post by lacilaci »

B.Y.O.B. wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:02 am You mean it's a Blender problem? Or LuxCore related/bug?
in blender it looked ok, during rendering wrong....

However when I closed and reopened blender everything was back in place(I'm still investigating). So something(particles) didn't update when I was moving and scaling stuff until I reloaded blender/scene. I'm gonna assume it's blender problem...?

Edit: wrong.. it's all over place.. not sure why... shit
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Post by lacilaci »

marcatore wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:08 am
Have you a reference? it seems that the trunk are too "leafy"... but probably they're right...
Probably every piece of the trunk should be bigger and less curved toward outside... but just my memory...
unfortunately, there are some crazy variants with how this looks... I picked what I liked from the references :D
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

Sounds like a Blender problem, their particle system code is a mess.
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Post by FarbigeWelt »

lacilaci wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:01 am Oh no, if I link this to main scene then hair particles are completely off place.... Anyone knows how to fix that?
Have you tried to bake cache to disc before you linked the particles? Linked particles should use the same cache file, maybe you have to set path again for the main scene.
Light and Word designing Creator - www.farbigewelt.ch - aka quantenkristall || #luxcorerender
MacBook Air with M1
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Post by lacilaci »

FarbigeWelt wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:51 am
lacilaci wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:01 am Oh no, if I link this to main scene then hair particles are completely off place.... Anyone knows how to fix that?
Have you tried to bake cache to disc before you linked the particles? Linked particles should use the same cache file, maybe you have to set path again for the main scene.
I haven't. Gotta figure something cause otherwise I can go back and start again.
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Post by lacilaci »

oh well... it's a complete mess.. linked particles don't update position or scale and appended don't update scale, so I can't just link and toy around with the palms without completely fucking it up.... :evil:

I'm gonna have to do without hair particles...
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Post by lacilaci »

lacilaci wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:12 am
marcatore wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:08 am
unfortunately, there are some crazy variants with how this looks... I picked what I liked from the references :D
Ah, you know what.. I will tweak it a bit.. I have to anyways since I can't use hair particles at all...
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Post by lacilaci »

great, now my scene is haunted by non-existent palm hair :D fuuuuuuu***. This was supposed to be a relaxing day with palm trees...
wat.jpg