HDRI & Gain setting

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
S0rda

HDRI & Gain setting

Post by S0rda »

Hi, with HDRi, the "Gain" parameter does not have any effect in the viewport (switching the viewport after changing the setting also has no result). Is that what you intended? It seemed to me that this parameter should make the scene (the light of the environment map) brighter / dimmer?
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Re: HDRI & Gain setting

Post by lacilaci »

S0rda wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:22 pm Hi, with HDRi, the "Gain" parameter does not have any effect in the viewport (switching the viewport after changing the setting also has no result). Is that what you intended? It seemed to me that this parameter should make the scene (the light of the environment map) brighter / dimmer?
create a camera and in camera settings find auto exposure and disable it. By default luxcore has this setting enabled.
If it isn't this problem then I don't know.
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

As lacilaci said, the auto tonemapping is probably compensating for the brightness change of the HDRI.
S0rda

Post by S0rda »

lacilaci wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:40 pm create a camera and in camera settings find auto exposure and disable it. By default luxcore has this setting enabled.
+

Okay, that worked. That's just what I wrote, was manifested in a free (off-camera) preview of the render. Turning off the automatic brightness adjustment for the last camera that I use, in the "free" viewport, the gain parameter also began to influence. It seems a little strange to me that the camera settings affect the viewport without a camera.
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Post by lacilaci »

S0rda wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:02 pm
lacilaci wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:40 pm create a camera and in camera settings find auto exposure and disable it. By default luxcore has this setting enabled.
It seems a little strange to me that the camera settings affect the viewport without a camera.
It's a default behavior.. I like the autoexposure feature a lot but I'm too not sure it should be on by default