ECOSONG

Post your tests, experiments and unfinished renderings here.
Racleborg

ECOSONG

Post by Racleborg »

In this scene (very early WIP) which is to become an animation with a sound track (1min 15 sec) I would like it to appear that the earth-globe is scorched by the sun which I thought would be best done with a laser light. Could someone please show me how to setup up a laser light so that the rays can be seen (even if the scene is fully lit, if possible?)

The LED lights on the Reel to Reel can now be driven by audio due to the fantastic work that B.Y.O.B has done with the 2.8 version nodes.

Many thanks
Attachments
ECOSONG early layout try.png
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Re: ECOSONG

Post by Sharlybg »

You need a volume to simulateur dust so the laser can be visible.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA
Racleborg

Post by Racleborg »

You need a volume to simulateur dust so the laser can be visible
Thanks. I'll try that.
Racleborg

Post by Racleborg »

This is just the very basic layout to go with my ‘Ecological song’ video. (1st verse. Only 3rd verse idea posted so far)
Could someone please advise me on how it is best to light this sort of outdoor scene. For example, at the moment the backdrop is World HDRI, but maybe putting the image on a plane and using Sky and Sun to light the scene for render speed would be better? And I guess to then put the back drop out of focus with camera depth would look better too?
Anyway, any advice would be great. (I’m also looking for a sound engineer, but that’s another story!)
Many thanks

Sorry, forgot to say that the VW Passat car is thanks to Creator: NewSee2l035 (planning to replace with something much larger)
and the pram is thanks to Creator: GLGraffixx both on Blendswap.
Attachments
1st verse layout copy.jpg
wasd

Post by wasd »

Racleborg wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:51 pm Anyway, any advice would be great.
If any is ok, then I suggest adding curb to walkway. Also, the car has a few holes in it, so I think replacing it is good idea.
Also fence tips looks to me like they have wrong smoothing.
4.png
They need either autosmoothing or extra mesh.
As for lighting I prefer hdri, but hdri must have good contrast, or else lighting becomes bland. I use hdri from hdrihaven.com. They are good.
CPU Bidir + Metropolis | Core i5-4570
Racleborg

Post by Racleborg »

If any is ok, then I suggest adding curb to walkway. Also, the car has a few holes in it, so I think replacing it is good idea.
Also fence tips looks to me like they have wrong smoothing.
4.png
They need either autosmoothing or extra mesh.
As for lighting I prefer hdri, but hdri must have good contrast, or else lighting becomes bland. I use hdri from hdrihaven.com. They are good.
Thank you all the advice :)