First render luxcore

Post your tests, experiments and unfinished renderings here.
eddlad

First render luxcore

Post by eddlad »

First luxcore render, second interior render ever. I plan to use Davinci to add some color grades and such later. Can i get some pointers and strong criticism people?
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Re: First render luxcore

Post by lacilaci »

Nice, looks pretty convincing..

Maybe carpet and the background behind window could use more work they look a bit fake now
eddlad

Post by eddlad »

Yeah sure, i will check that. How long do you think it should have taken?( took 4hours on my laptop hardware, i7 6500u with 950gtx). Also i notice you are not new so maybe i can ask this, might you have an idea as to why during caching the system freezes up and goes to ''blue screen''?
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Post by lacilaci »

eddlad wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:13 pm Yeah sure, i will check that. How long do you think it should have taken?( took 4hours on my laptop hardware, i7 6500u with 950gtx). Also i notice you are not new so maybe i can ask this, might you have an idea as to why during caching the system freezes up and goes to ''blue screen''?
4 hours is a lot. Caching meaning photongi cache? If you enable indirect cache you get BSOD?
eddlad

Post by eddlad »

lacilaci wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:07 pm
eddlad wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:13 pm Yeah sure, i will check that. How long do you think it should have taken?( took 4hours on my laptop hardware, i7 6500u with 950gtx). Also i notice you are not new so maybe i can ask this, might you have an idea as to why during caching the system freezes up and goes to ''blue screen''?
4 hours is a lot. Caching meaning photongi cache? If you enable indirect cache you get BSOD?
Yes photongi cache and yes indirect cache is actually on by default. I did check the settings again and made another render unchecking the intel graphic card in my gpu list( leaving the gtx950 option) and the freezing seem to stop, i think. With regard to the render time do you think @2000 makes it okay for 4hours? I tried lower but the blurring from the denoiser was messing with the already not so good leather i had going on :lol:
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Post by lacilaci »

eddlad wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:56 pm
Yes photongi cache and yes indirect cache is actually on by default. I did check the settings again and made another render unchecking the intel graphic card in my gpu list( leaving the gtx950 option) and the freezing seem to stop, i think. With regard to the render time do you think @2000 makes it okay for 4hours? I tried lower but the blurring from the denoiser was messing with the already not so good leather i had going on :lol:
Ah yes, integrated gpus always cause trouble. What version of luxcore did you use
eddlad

Post by eddlad »

lacilaci wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:51 am
eddlad wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:56 pm

Ah yes, integrated gpus always cause trouble. What version of luxcore did you use
I got it from this page viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1287 this link to be specific: https://github.com/LuxCoreRender/BlendL ... OpenCL.zip
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Post by Sharlybg »

Very nice indeed for a first render.

You can improve it by making light more contrasted. add a bit of shadow depth or mix natural + artificial light. also try to follow a good reference :
master-bedroom-reading-corner-gray-chaise-lounge.jpg
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA
eddlad

Post by eddlad »

Sharlybg wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:23 pm Very nice indeed for a first render.

You can improve it by making light more contrasted. add a bit of shadow depth or mix natural + artificial light. also try to follow a good reference :

master-bedroom-reading-corner-gray-chaise-lounge.jpg
Thank you for the notes, i will keep it in mind.
Racleborg

Post by Racleborg »

looks good. I really like the chair.

The wood around the mirror looks slightly strange to me as though it's a bit low resolution in comparison to the rest of the scene, or the reflections on it look a bit odd? Maybe? I'm not sure!