BlendLuxCore Development

Discussion related to the LuxCore functionality, implementations and API.
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Re: BlendLuxCore Development

Post by Sharlybg »

Also i wonder if it is possible to visualize light trace caustics directly in the Viewport.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

Sharlybg wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:45 pm Also i wonder if it is possible to visualize light trace caustics directly in the Viewport.
If BlendLuxCore supports PATHCPU like he does with BIDIRCPU (i.e. is is not possible with RTPATHCPU/OCL), it will less responsive but it will be possible.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
epilectrolytics
Donor
Donor

Post by epilectrolytics »

Now with single visibility map gone animation will be slower because Env.visibility cache takes longer to build.
It would help when the persistent visibility cache option could be exposed in blender 2.79 maintenance.
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Post by lacilaci »

epilectrolytics wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:39 am Now with single visibility map gone animation will be slower because Env.visibility cache takes longer to build.
It would help when the persistent visibility cache option could be exposed in blender 2.79 maintenance.
I think both persistent PGI and env cache will need some incremental building system so that they can be used in animation.. (Or is there some incremental building to prebuilt caches already?)
epilectrolytics
Donor
Donor

Post by epilectrolytics »

For camera animation only persistent cache is needed, which is exposed for PGI but not ELVC yet.
For object animation we would need periodic indirect PGI which is not implemented at all, and for visibility cache I assume the same, I think @kintuX tested animating visibility cache and there was visible flickering.
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Post by lacilaci »

epilectrolytics wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:25 pm For camera animation only persistent cache is needed, which is exposed for PGI but not ELVC yet.
For object animation we would need periodic indirect PGI which is not implemented at all, and for visibility cache I assume the same, I think @kintuX tested animating visibility cache and there was visible flickering.
Ah yes, should work for camera (except env.cache) I would say that these should be considered a low priority still... I can't believe there is still so much that luxcore needs. But I also love it too much as well :D
kintuX

Post by kintuX »

yes, with single map gone, interior animations are also gone... :(

am still on vacations dreaming about persistent caustics for animation sake, observing sea surface contemplating on its reflections... but so disapointed about this Single Map being removed

latest interior animation samples posted here were made using single map
is it really so hard not to use it :?:
if user is unaware, just learn about the benefits VS cons first then aplly properly :roll:
mwitalinski

Post by mwitalinski »

Hi, does anybody compiled luxcore for blender 2.8 Opencl Windows version and is happy to share?
I'm very curious about the progress in blender 2.8.
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

Tomorrow I will merge the 2.80 branch into master and there will be a release of v2.2beta3 with packages for Blender 2.79 and 2.80.
The 2.80 release will be experimental and not production ready. I'll create a list with the known issues for you.
mib2berlin

Post by mib2berlin »

B.Y.O.B. wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:00 pm Tomorrow I will merge the 2.80 branch into master and there will be a release of v2.2beta3 with packages for Blender 2.79 and 2.80.
The 2.80 release will be experimental and not production ready. I'll create a list with the known issues for you.
Hi, is the feature "Cycles to Luxcore material" part of 2.80 addon or is this a different task?

Cheers, mib