Luxmark 3.1

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
PerryM

Luxmark 3.1

Post by PerryM »

Please help an old fart!
I have the binary installed on a MacPro 5,1 under Sierra, but as soon as I open it - it immediately starts the test on the default settings and the ball scene. It presents a finished score and then sits inert - I cannot see any form of 'control panel'. I am obviously missing 'the bleedin' obvious' so I am seeking appropriate advice?
Thanks in hope!
Dade
Developer
Developer

Re: Luxmark 3.1

Post by Dade »

You should have a menu and a side pannel. It may be some kind of GUI problem, can you post a screenshot ?
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
PerryM

Post by PerryM »

So I just get the main process window, shown running here:
Screen Shot 2019-07-12 at 06.45.37.png
This gives the result panel:
Screen Shot 2019-07-12 at 06.47.25.png
This time, I did manage to change the image to the microphone in the top tab, and start a new render in the 'Mode' tab. The rendered image had noticeable errors (black spots) and presented a low score. Attempts to select the hotel scene resulted in a stalled condition:
!
Screen Shot 2019-07-12 at 07.08.47.png
The app is clearly very unstable on my machine, resulting in frequent crashes to the beachball, and a requirement to do a force quit. A subsequent restart of the app will not work until the computer is rebooted.

At least I don't feel quite so stupid now
PerryM

Post by PerryM »

Sorry - forgot to do the screenshot of the 'spotty' microphone:
Screen Shot 2019-07-12 at 08.06.44.png
and the subsequent score:
Screen Shot 2019-07-12 at 08.07.20.png
FWIW
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

AMD OpenCL compilers are notoriously bad, they are probably responsible for this.
epilectrolytics
Donor
Donor

Post by epilectrolytics »

PerryM wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:05 am I have the binary installed on a MacPro 5,1 under Sierra, but as soon as I open it - it immediately starts the test on the default settings and the ball scene.
On Sierra it doesn't work reliably on my MacBook (Intel Iris Pro & nVidiaGT750M) either, but on High Sierra with nVidia web-drivers installed (better than the native ones) it works.

There is no control panel in LuxMark, every setting is made via top menu bar.
screenshot.jpg
PerryM

Post by PerryM »

Thanks for that - it now makes more sense.
I have HS in a second partition so I gave it a go. Luxmark is certainly a lot more stable, BUT it doesn't recognise my second GTX-980 card in Luxmark on the web driver. If I change to the OS driver, I lose the GTX-980 in my other apps and it still doesn't recognise it in Luxmark.
I think at this point I give up!
Thanks for all the advice
cheers