Volume bug at opacity = 0?

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Re: Volume bug at opacity = 0?

Post by FarbigeWelt »

Dade wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:27 pm Transparency makes both the surface and the volume not visible: the object is not hit at all. If a ray doesn't hit the surface, it will never enter the interior volume (and then exit).
I understand what you explain but the question remains: Why is the volume visible if camera volume node is removed (volume = - -)?
Dade wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:27 pm
You should try to mix Disney wit Null, it should work :idea:
Okay. This sounds logical. According to my experience this works. To be 100% sure I am going to check it.
Light and Word designing Creator - www.farbigewelt.ch - aka quantenkristall || #luxcorerender
MacBook Air with M1
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

FarbigeWelt wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:53 pm
Dade wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:27 pm Transparency makes both the surface and the volume not visible: the object is not hit at all. If a ray doesn't hit the surface, it will never enter the interior volume (and then exit).
I understand what you explain but the question remains: Why is the volume visible if camera volume node is removed (volume = - -)?
I will try to answer when I'm back in town, I'm with a tablet and a mobile connection at the moment.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Post by FarbigeWelt »

FarbigeWelt wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:53 pm
Dade wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:27 pm You should try to mix Disney wit Null, it should work :idea:
Okay. This sounds logical. According to my experience this works. To be 100% sure I am going to check it.
I tried and it worked as expected. With the mix Disney BRDF-Null and opacity adjustment of Disney BRDF you can get an image as follows.
BDRF-Null mix, 500 samples OIDN 0.9
BDRF-Null mix, 500 samples OIDN 0.9
Because the corner in the back is rather dark 500 even 1500 samples are not enough to render the fine rectangles pattern.
Maybe Env. cache can improve quality here.
BDRF-Null mix,1500 samples OIDN 0.9
BDRF-Null mix,1500 samples OIDN 0.9
Light and Word designing Creator - www.farbigewelt.ch - aka quantenkristall || #luxcorerender
MacBook Air with M1