BlendLuxCore Development

Discussion related to the LuxCore functionality, implementations and API.
CodeHD
Donor
Donor

Re: BlendLuxCore Development

Post by CodeHD »

B.Y.O.B. wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:24 am Thanks to CodeHD's work, our OIDN plugin can now be applied in tiles to reduce RAM usage.
You can specify the tile size in the denoiser settings.
Just to add a little comment about the internal workings of it:
The code divides the image height and width by the "tile size" input, and then rounds each to the next highest integer, which are then again used to divide the image into tiles.
This is done to have a consistent tile size, and not end up with a "leftover" tile that is something like 60 pixels wide and causing artifacts.

So if you are testing this feature, don't expect different results for small changes, like tile size 1000 and 1050 ;)
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

Working on object export currently. Unfortunately the windows recording thing doesn't open in 2.8 for whatever reason, so only a screenshot for you guys. What we see here is a collection instance on the left and the true objects on the right. The smaller cubes are distributed via a particle system.
I have also implemented the transform update, which means I can move these around (even the particle system). For whatever reason the big cube's collection instance is not working, still have to figure that out (it works with other objects though, not sure what makes that cube special).
Attachments
asdf.PNG
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Post by Sharlybg »

So nice to see Lux under this Dark modern blender ;)

Congrats !
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Post by lacilaci »

So you are saying that instancing works?
Fantastic work as always.
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

I can export all Blender instance types (I think). They are not actually instanced in LuxCore yet, that's the next step.
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Post by lacilaci »

how about nested linked collections

for example with cycles i had:

kitchen small objects made as collections linked in larger kitchen asset which is then linked in a main scene..?

Will this be possible? Also alt+d will be creating an actual instance for luxcore right?
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

That's the goal, yes.
By the way, if you want to make sure some crazy nesting feature is supported right off the bat, you can send me the .blend file and I test it.
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Post by lacilaci »

Sure, I'll send something once I find a bit of time.
provisory

Post by provisory »

Could we have an "Expert Settings" text box somewhere in Blender where we could specify any LuxCore parameters?

In this way, we could use or test those functions which are not yet exposed inside BlendLuxCore.

These parameters would override the settings on the interface, so if, for example, we wrote

Code: Select all

renderengine.type = "BIDIRVMCPU"
here, we could use BidirVM engine inside Blender, (regardless of the render settings set on the interface).
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Post by lacilaci »

provisory wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:53 am Could we have an "Expert Settings" text box somewhere in Blender where we could specify any LuxCore parameters?

In this way, we could use or test those functions which are not yet exposed inside BlendLuxCore.

These parameters would override the settings on the interface, so if, for example, we wrote

Code: Select all

renderengine.type = "BIDIRVMCPU"
here, we could use BidirVM engine inside Blender, (regardless of the render settings set on the interface).
I remember in mental ray there was something like "string options". Basicaly in a specified part of ui you could input custom commands that would override certain settings or enable features that were disabled/hidden..

I guess this could be an option for very obscure and extreme settings, if doable.