nakaging capsule

Post your tests, experiments and unfinished renderings here.
Dade
Developer
Developer

Re: nakaging capsule

Post by Dade »

Sharlybg wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:58 am I'm on the workstation of the office (2Xgtx titan black) and opencl gpu is to instable so i go for path cpu sobol without clamping. as i said the lighting is wrong.
Remove everything from the scene but walls and hdr light, I assume you will get the same result, at that point you should be able to post the scene and I can check what is going wrong.

P.S. the crashes are due to viewtopic.php?f=2&t=82&start=20#p1325
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Post by Sharlybg »

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

Sharlybg wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:54 pm Ok this is it. a bit heavy.
But are you using a max. eye path 10 and light path 10 for BIDIR and a max. path depth of 10 for PATH ?

So the max. path depth for BIDIR is 20 (10+10) and the PATH max. path depth is 10. If you reduce BIDIR to 5+5, the difference should be smaller :idea:

P.S. I have now the perfect test scene for the portals-without-portals thing :mrgreen:
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Post by Sharlybg »

Dade wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:23 pm
Sharlybg wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:54 pm Ok this is it. a bit heavy.
But are you using a max. eye path 10 and light path 10 for BIDIR and a max. path depth of 10 for PATH ?

So the max. path depth for BIDIR is 20 (10+10) and the PATH max. path depth is 10. If you reduce BIDIR to 5+5, the difference should be smaller :idea:

P.S. I have now the perfect test scene for the portals-without-portals thing :mrgreen:
So if i increase Path max to 20 i should be closer also ?
I think no i will be far.

I also want to give you the complet scene :)

Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Post by Sharlybg »

So if i increase Path max to 20 i should be closer also ?
I think no i will be far.
as i said :
Path cpu no clamp deph 20.png

Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Post by Sharlybg »

Direct comparison : Bidir 5+5 and path 10 :
gimped.jpg

Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

Sharlybg wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:23 pm Direct comparison : Bidir 5+5 and path 10 :
I see load of noise in PATH but I don't find the difference with BIDIR so obvious (i.e. what kind of brightness you are going to get out of all that noise is not so obvious to me).
Just look at the image as shown by the forum (i.e. scaled down). PATH seems a bit brighter but it not so clear.

Have you tried if it is material related ? I mean the walls are made of "glossy " (something not very common), have you tried if there is the same difference with "matte" ?
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

Dade wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:57 pm I mean the walls are made of "glossy " (something not very common)
I have to disagree. If you look at a typical white wall in the real world at a shallow angle (because of fresnel effect), you'll notice that it shows glossy reflections.
Walls usually have a high roughness and dark specular color, but if the angle is very shallow and a light source (e.g. a window) is near the wall you will often see glossy effects in the real world.

However you can sometimes use matte instead for better render performance if the glossy effects are not really visible in your scene.
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Post by Sharlybg »

I see load of noise in PATH but I don't find the difference with BIDIR so obvious (i.e. what kind of brightness you are going to get out of all that noise is not so obvious to me).
Just look at the image as shown by the forum (i.e. scaled down). PATH seems a bit brighter but it not so clear.

Have you tried if it is material related ? I mean the walls are made of "glossy " (something not very common), have you tried if there is the same difference with "matte" ?
the only change to these scene are the engine mod. i've just switched between them. the wrong lighting is not related to clamp,noise or shader path engine give output like i'd add one more big fill light in my scene. path tracing output is not just more brighter the contrast between bouncing light level is not correct. when you look at Bidir lighting you see obvious level bouncing of light : every part of the scene get light depending on their position,angle.

rendertime and noise is not the problem as i can feel the defference only after first 60scs and this tend to be more and more obvious as render progress. ;)

Edit :

normally Bidir should look brighter as it is a more advanced algo and more suitable to carry enought light in indoor 3d space (or am i wrong ) ;) .

Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

Dade wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:57 pm Have you tried if it is material related ? I mean the walls are made of "glossy" (something not very common), have you tried if there is the same difference with "matte" ?