Perfume Concept Design

Post your tests, experiments and unfinished renderings here.
terjke

Perfume Concept Design

Post by terjke »

Hello everyone!

My first post on this forum :mrgreen:
I think firstly, i should say i am huge Blender fan and before i faced some problems with caustics i was using Cycles as a main render engine. But than i started wondering and heard about spectral renderers such as appleseed, later about LuxCore.

First i tried aplleseed studio(not very user frendly :shock:),than tried blenderseed addon, which gave me a bunch of errors in latest 2.79 Blender build.
By lucky coincidence i heard about LuxCore in one of the TwoMinutesPaper(YouTubeChannel) videos.

I have been using LuxCore for a few weeks now and i find exploring this engine features very interesting and exiting!
Pros. for me:
- it is pretty fast in calculating
- good quality renders
- user friendly interface and good integration in blender

I am planning to give it a try in some architectural renders, in nearest future, but for the moment i want to share some of my renders in other field.
This is small freelance job which i finished already, but i keep working on it to test LuxCore features and settings more.
Today i spent few hours figuring out how volumes system is working, luckily i found very helpful posts on this forum so i'll add some new renders soon.
And now i'll add some of my past renders, which are not that good. Yeah i still don't understand how to use lux denoiser, either it freezes my blender or takes forever and gives no results. This is it for now. Peace!
Attachments
Very early render, but i like the background and reflections.
Very early render, but i like the background and reflections.
On this one i was testing different glass materials, this was before i figured out how to gradient glass colors properly.
On this one i was testing different glass materials, this was before i figured out how to gradient glass colors properly.
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Re: Perfume Concept Design

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

terjke wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 6:41 pm - user friendly interface and good integration in blender
Nice to hear that :)
terjke wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 6:41 pm Yeah i still don't understand how to use lux denoiser, either it freezes my blender or takes forever and gives no results.
Which LuxCore version are you using?
If you use v2.1, you can try out the latest beta release, it contains a new denoiser ("OIDN") that works much better than the older BC denoiser.
https://github.com/LuxCoreRender/BlendLuxCore/releases
Mango3

Post by Mango3 »

terjke wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 6:41 pm First i tried aplleseed studio(not very user friendly :shock:),than tried blenderseed addon, which gave me a bunch of errors in latest 2.79 Blender build.
Being somehow involved in appleseed development I don't want to hold you off using LuxCore, on the contrary. It is a great render engine.
Just to clarify some things.
appleseed.studio is not meant for scene creation, it is for debugging and scene inspection. blenderseed will only work with Blender 2.79 official. Build-bot and git versions of Blender use a different Python version (3.7) internally and the plugin won't work without recompiling (P.s. we have a version for Blender 2.80 ready now).

->- user friendly interface and good integration in blender
Fully agree, the Blender integration of LuxCore is really well done and served us a couple of times as an example.
Piita
Supporting Users

Post by Piita »

Welcome to the forum :)
Piitas.blog
Librem 5 - The privacy focused smart phone
terjke

Post by terjke »

B.Y.O.B. wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 7:01 pm Which LuxCore version are you using?
If you use v2.1, you can try out the latest beta release, it contains a new denoiser ("OIDN") that works much better than the older BC denoiser.
https://github.com/LuxCoreRender/BlendLuxCore/releases
Yes, i am using 2.1v, thanks for pointing me out, i will definitely try the new beta.
Oh by the way, are you planning to add more nodes in BlendeLuxCore? Like ColorRamp for example?

Mango3 wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 7:24 pm appleseed.studio is not meant for scene creation, it is for debugging and scene inspection. blenderseed will only work with Blender 2.79 official. Build-bot and git versions of Blender use a different Python version (3.7) internally and the plugin won't work without recompiling (P.s. we have a version for Blender 2.80 ready now).
Actually by saying latest build what i really mean - i downloaded latest official version of 2.79 and blenderseed was not working properly for me.
But anyways i get what you are saying. Probably will take a closer look on appleseed when i will get better with LuxCore.

[/quote]
Piita wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 7:33 pm Welcome to the forum :)
Thank you mate. I hope i will become a valuable member of this neat community.

Some fresh renders. I managed to set right volumetric priorities and finally get some progress here.
I think i will leave it like that and move along to something new, maybe try my old scenes in LuxCore or build a new one with some spanish colonial type architecture.

This is 10 minutes render with quadcore i7. And a little bit of denoising using Noiseless software.
Attachments
FlakonFinal1Denoised.jpeg
FlakonFinal2Denoised.jpeg
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Post by FarbigeWelt »

terjke wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 12:57 pm ...

I hope i will become a valuable member of this neat community.

Some fresh renders. I managed to set right volumetric priorities and finally get some progress here.
I think i will leave it like that and move along to something new, maybe try my old scenes in LuxCore or build a new one with some spanish colonial type architecture.

This is 10 minutes render with quadcore i7. And a little bit of denoising using Noiseless software.
Welcome on board. As you showed on the last pictures you have gotten quite familiar with LuxCoreRender already.

As B.Y.O.B wrote LuxCoreRender 2.2 beta 1 includes another and per default chosen but not set denoiser (OIDN).
You can easily chose the beta version in Blender user preferences user addon. The update takes a short while because its download. Restart Blender after you got the message to do so and you have a pretty stable beta version. To use the denoiser's result you have to switch the node output or mix the outputs in the node editor composition (use node view).

Nice perfume flask by the way. I like this render.

(The spray button is a bit too dark in my opinion. Are there matte planes missing behind the camera and to left and right out of side? )
Light and Word designing Creator - www.farbigewelt.ch - aka quantenkristall || #luxcorerender
MacBook Air with M1
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

terjke wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 12:57 pm Oh by the way, are you planning to add more nodes in BlendeLuxCore? Like ColorRamp for example?
Yes, definitely, however they need to be added to LuxCore as well. For v2.2 I have added a bunch of basic math operations.
See the release notes for details: https://wiki.luxcorerender.org/LuxCoreR ... Notes_v2.2
Color ramp is already available in LuxCore, in the Blender addon it is exposed as the "Band" texture node (in the utils category).
Unfortunately due to Blender limitations I can't use Blender's color ramp UI for our nodes.
You can easily chose the beta version in Blender user preferences user addon. The update takes a short while because its download.
When updating from v2.1 it is probably better to do a fresh install because there were some bugs in the updater that have been fixed since then.
terjke

Post by terjke »

Hi again. Been missing for a while, recently was trying the procedural modelling in Houdini Apprentice, very interesting stuff and pretty challenging for me but also very exciting. :ugeek:

Anyways closer to my topic.

I installed Blender 2.79 and the 2.2beta1 blendluxcore version yesterday from scratch. And It looks like something is wrong, it gives me error when i try to activate it in Blender preferences. I will add a screenshot with error and hope someone will point me in the right direction. Just in case, i'm using macOS Mojave version 10.14.5. On my macBookPro Mid 2014.

And one more render in the description. I'm keep getting very noisy renders when i try rough glass, is there a way to solve this without denoiser, or is it normal situation for rough glass?
I apologize in advance, for so many questions, hope i'm not being too annoying.
Attachments
Full error screenshot.
Full error screenshot.
Rough glass is very noisy.
Rough glass is very noisy.
terjke

Post by terjke »

FarbigeWelt wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 1:21 pm
Welcome on board. As you showed on the last pictures you have gotten quite familiar with LuxCoreRender already.

Nice perfume flask by the way. I like this render.

(The spray button is a bit too dark in my opinion. Are there matte planes missing behind the camera and to left and right out of side? )
Thank you very much. Yes, you get it right, i removed planes from sides, because i actually like this dark contrasting effect on the cap.
I tried to use studio HDRI to make it look not so dark and more realistic, but it made not much difference and took longer to compute, so i left it like that :)
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

terjke wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:18 am I installed Blender 2.79 and the 2.2beta1 blendluxcore version yesterday from scratch. And It looks like something is wrong, it gives me error when i try to activate it in Blender preferences. I will add a screenshot with error and hope someone will point me in the right direction. Just in case, i'm using macOS Mojave version 10.14.5. On my macBookPro Mid 2014.
Have you installed the Linux version ? I'm not aware of any beta1 version for MacOS :?:
terjke wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:18 am And one more render in the description. I'm keep getting very noisy renders when i try rough glass, is there a way to solve this without denoiser, or is it normal situation for rough glass?
I apologize in advance, for so many questions, hope i'm not being too annoying.
If you post a test scene (a cube over a plane) with your settings, we can check what is going on.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties