Liquid simulation leads to strange hang up on uni path

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Liquid simulation leads to strange hang up on uni path

Post by FarbigeWelt »

Did anybody else try to render a liquid simulation with uni path engine?
I get mouse freezing, two screen flashes and blendluxcore hanging on the same GPU lines in logging console. Even if CPU path is chosen.
PGIC and OIDN switched off leads to the same result.
CPU BiDir is rendering fine.
One mistake I found later, final render was connected to missing denoise output. But this should lead to an error at the end of the rendering only (as I noticed with BiDir.)
Light and Word designing Creator - www.farbigewelt.ch - aka quantenkristall || #luxcorerender
MacBook Air with M1
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Re: Liquid simulation leads to strange hang up on uni path

Post by FarbigeWelt »

Yesterday, I set up a fresh liquid simulation with Blender built-in simulator. Which works nicely if one follows set liquid domain first, then set a liquid liquid or what ever; but one must not copy liquid modified objects and change their type.

The rendering started smooth on CPU unidir path as well as on GPU, no matter if denoiser or pgic are enabled or not.

The issue posted formerly, might be connected to the missing link in the nodes for the final render what happens if denoiser has been used but then disabled.
Light and Word designing Creator - www.farbigewelt.ch - aka quantenkristall || #luxcorerender
MacBook Air with M1
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Re: Simple liquid simulation example

Post by FarbigeWelt »

to be continued ...
to be continued ...
735F9D05-25E1-4600-AFAF-A286CFF4A4E0.gif (1.98 MiB) Viewed 1841 times
MacBook Air with M1
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

It works well

Post by FarbigeWelt »

Animated GIF
FancyLiquids.gif
MacBook Air with M1