Blender plugin

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
nigec

Blender plugin

Post by nigec »

If I import FBX model I seem to loose the textures when Luxcore is enabled and it renders grey there's no texture associated if I enable nodes, but in the preview I see the texture applied
Am I missing something? I'm not a Blender user
Its the official version from the main site, and Blender 2.79b, Windows 10
Untitled.jpg
Dade
Developer
Developer

Re: Blender plugin

Post by Dade »

nigec wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:10 am If I import FBX model I seem to loose the textures when Luxcore is enabled and it renders grey there's no texture associated if I enable nodes, but in the preview I see the texture applied
Am I missing something? I'm not a Blender user
Its the official version from the main site, and Blender 2.79b, Windows 10
I assume Blender import process define the texture only for Blender internal and Cycles. BlendLuxCore could probably be extended to use the texture with the default clay material :idea:
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
nigec

Post by nigec »

I'm been trying some things;
Cycles will display the same behavour IF a different render engine is enabled ie Blender's default, if Cycles is enabled it'll render a FBX fine
So I guess its Blender thing really, it would be nice if the textures were applied if Luxcore was enabled on import to match Cycles behaviour?
I'm a Sketchup user who imports to Blender for uv unwrapping etc and final renders :)
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

You will have to set up the material (+ textures) yourself.
Or:
- someone writes a custom FBX importer that creates LuxCore materials (could extend the existing Blender addon, it's all Python AFAIK)
- someone writes a Cycles -> LuxCore material converter
nigec

Post by nigec »

Its not a problem, I just wanted to be sure it wasn't me doing something wrong :)
Sketchup to Blender I usually use placeholder textures just so the model has uv's and get replaced anyway