Shader view vs rendered image

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
tayo6

Shader view vs rendered image

Post by tayo6 »

I was trying to make procedural planets with luxcore, issue was, i could see the effect come to live in the shader box, but
New_Capture.PNG
i don't see the effect in both preview port and rendered image.
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Re: Shader view vs rendered image

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

Can you upload the scene?
tayo6

Post by tayo6 »

B.Y.O.B. wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:43 am Can you upload the scene?
Sample.blend
(502.98 KiB) Downloaded 179 times
tayo6

Post by tayo6 »

When I increased the noise size and distortion in the noise node, the effect became visible, but noise textures were stretched
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

tayo6 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:31 am When I increased the noise size and distortion in the noise node, the effect became visible, but noise textures were stretched
It sounds like a scale problem, the size of the sphere is 0.1m, what is the scale of the cube ? You can adjust the 3D mapping (first node at left) scale and the preview sphere size (below the sphere input box) to match your cube.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
tayo6

Post by tayo6 »

Dade wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:49 am
tayo6 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:31 am When I increased the noise size and distortion in the noise node, the effect became visible, but noise textures were stretched
It sounds like a scale problem, the size of the sphere is 0.1m, what is the scale of the cube ? You can adjust the 3D mapping (first node at left) scale and the preview sphere size (below the sphere input box) to match your cube.
S_Capture.PNG
I adjusted the sphere size to the same size as the cube, both were 1.00 . Then I moved to the 3d mapping node, changed the size to both 1.00 and 0.01, yet I did get the desired result. I still didn't get it.
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

The "sphere size" is the diameter of the preview sphere, not the radius.
The default cube is 2m in diameter, not 1m.
So set the sphere size to 2 and it should work.
tayo6

Post by tayo6 »

B.Y.O.B. wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:15 pm The "sphere size" is the diameter of the preview sphere, not the radius.
The default cube is 2m in diameter, not 1m.
So set the sphere size to 2 and it should work.
Thank you, someone already helped me out. I used sphere 5.00 on the preview, which matched with the size of the rendered image. I learnt something new today. And I have to admit just like u told me last month, luxrender is easy to use
tayo6

Post by tayo6 »

Dade wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:49 am
Thanks, the issue was the sphere size.